Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-10-2018, 05:51 AM   #106
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
John Lewis took it back for a refund without question. I'll just hang on to my PW2 until there's a reader with really reliable blue light reduction.

Thanks for all the help.
I wondered from the day one you started this thread, why didn't/don't you opt to kobo forma? it lighter, light reduction is less red, and after all bigger screen and better technology... and as also been suggested - Kobo h2o2, has also no complaint about light issues.

but i presume reason was the proce.

Last edited by forster01; 11-10-2018 at 05:57 AM.
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:31 PM   #107
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
Meeera, thanks for this. Even though I'm not remotely troubled by the "light bleed" issue when I do fiddle with my Clara specifically to see it, it's nice to know the H2O2 doesn't have it, as I'm seriously contemplating buying one for the slightly bigger screen. Fewer page turns at a price much more affordable than a Forma is the main draw, hearing good things about its lighting a nice bonus.
the H2O2 imho definitely seems to be the pick of the current line up.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 02:05 PM   #108
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
the H2O2 imho definitely seems to be the pick of the current line up.

best wishes koboy
Yep, already ordered my case from ebay, waiting for payday to buy the device
Old 11-10-2018, 02:49 PM   #109
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by forster01 View Post
I wondered from the day one you started this thread, why didn't/don't you opt to kobo forma? it lighter, light reduction is less red, and after all bigger screen and better technology... and as also been suggested - Kobo h2o2, has also no complaint about light issues.

but i presume reason was the proce.
I wasn't much aware of the Forma at the time, also I prefer 6" readers, they look more like paperbacks. From what I've since read about it, especially the flicker, I'm glad that I wasn't aware of the Forma.

For now, I'm sticking with my old Paperwhite. It does the job. I'll wait for a good blue light reduction reader. So disappointed by the reviews of the Paperwhite 4. No improvement, really.

Looks like I'll be paying large vet bills soon, one of my cats is unwell and I suspect she'll need an operation. She'll need lots of money, so I'll forgo a new reader for a while.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 02:53 PM   #110
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
John Lewis took it back for a refund without question. I'll just hang on to my PW2 until there's a reader with really reliable blue light reduction.

Thanks for all the help.
I have a Nook Glowlight 3 with warm lighting and the screen is flawless. I know Nook isn't available in the UK and I'd hesitate to recommend it anyway because the software is flaky.

But the point is, there are readers with really reliable blue light reduction. Kobo just did poorly with the assembly of the Clara HD.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 02:59 PM   #111
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
Yep, already ordered my case from ebay, waiting for payday to buy the device
enjoy your H2O2 personally i would buy from john lewis and pay the extra £10 for the 2 year accidental damage cover.

i hope your cat gets well soon.

best wishes koboy

Last edited by koboy; 11-10-2018 at 03:02 PM.
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
options, warm light