Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-01-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
vidy
vidy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Unhappy [HELP]Where to get mmcblk0 image for unbricking kindle 3 (3g wifi,version 3.21)??

I bricked my kindle 3 (Version 3.21) after i uninstalled duokan ,I read in community forum that i could unbrick it via serial line. etched serial adapter now waiting for FT232RL delivery.

I followed unbricking guide of seaniko7 in youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OCpJbkGb7M

It says after creating partitions i have to dd the backup of kindle 3 system partition ,which i dont have .. as mines bricked i cant make backup (no sense ??)

Is there anyway i could get kindle 3 (version 3.21,3g wifi) backup system partition ??

Replacement from Amazon is not an option for me ,as im now in india and its KSO.. i have to send it to us,and they are only going to ship to as us address that not possible for me

Help me reviving my kindle back ,thanks in advance
vidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
dasmoover
Connoisseur
dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle 3 WIFI
With a serial adapter you'll have access to the command line.
dasmoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #3
vidy
vidy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Well, im getting a serial board (FT232RL) for that,

The problem is i dint have any backup before.

If somebody can provide the rootfs files for the version 3.2.1 that will be great

PS: Called amazon CS they denied shipping replacement to my country .
vidy is offline   Reply With Quote