Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-11-2019, 10:17 AM   #1
warface9991
Connoisseur
warface9991 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GLO HD
What is optimal layout settings in KOReader to experience real book?

Hi,
I know that every publisher has different layouts and fonts etc. But I wanted to know what is the standart of a published book's layout settings applied on KOReader? Or, can you please share some optimal layout settings to read a book since I am so stuck at this stage as to what to do
warface9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 01:30 PM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'm not fully sure what you're asking. The default display should be pretty good, or at least passable. I like to enable font kerning best by default, and under style tweaks → misc I'd enable in-page footnotes.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 03:22 PM   #3
warface9991
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
I'm not fully sure what you're asking. The default display should be pretty good, or at least passable. I like to enable font kerning best by default, and under style tweaks → misc I'd enable in-page footnotes.
Thanks for the advice
Edit: Is there any way to revert back to default layout settings?
Old 08-11-2019, 03:34 PM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Unless you long-press all settings are per-book only. You can "purge SDR" from the file manager for a particular book to reset everything (including position, bookmarks & highlights).

You can make something a global default by long-pressing.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 03:59 PM   #5
warface9991
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Unless you long-press all settings are per-book only. You can "purge SDR" from the file manager for a particular book to reset everything (including position, bookmarks & highlights).

You can make something a global default by long-pressing.
Thanks again
Old 08-11-2019, 04:49 PM   #6
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
In some books I just want to turn off included style, to get much more friendly style. My guide is how style looks, how readable it is.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote