Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-21-2010, 02:14 PM   #46
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I think they delayed "shipping" the warranties until the Kindle 3 actually ships. Someone on the forum got an email to that effect. I got an email saying that shipment of my warranty had been delayed, but not specifically that it would ship along with my Kindle.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #47
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
My case is expected Aug 30 to Sep 1 based on shipping Fri Aug 27; but no word on the Kindle 3 itself. I ordered Aug 2 at noon so I am expecting it by the weekend of Sep 4 ... but I'll survive if it arrives after Labour Day.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2010, 04:02 PM   #48
andavane
Zealot
andavane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, + Wifi, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini, Sony PRS-T2
I ordered a K3 on Aug 1st, and again on August 6th, in case by some quirk the later one gets here first. I plan to cancel the one with the later delivery date.
andavane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:10 PM   #49
andavane
Zealot
andavane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, + Wifi, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I think they delayed "shipping" the warranties until the Kindle 3 actually ships. Someone on the forum got an email to that effect. I got an email saying that shipment of my warranty had been delayed, but not specifically that it would ship along with my Kindle.
Unfortunately under the terms of the warranty, it annihilates itself after the first free repair.
andavane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:31 AM   #50
norti
norti began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi eco-nique Edition :D
From 'A Kindle World blog':

' I asked a few days ago before they upped the date on the product page, here is what they replied per e-mail:
Orders placed before 8 p.m. Pacific Time on August 1st will still ship by the August 27th release date.
Orders placed before 10 p.m. Pacific Time on August 5th will ship on or before September 4th.
Orders placed before 12 p.m. Pacific Time on August 12th will ship on or before September 8th.
Orders placed after 12 p.m. Pacific Time on August 12th will ship on or before September 12th. '

http://kindleworld.blogspot.com/2010...nswer-per.html
norti is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2010, 03:50 AM   #51
Shibito
Shibito began at the beginning.

Device: none
I didn't order until August 17th. I guess it is going to be a while for me.
Shibito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:01 AM   #52
marcosv
marcosv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 1, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Which cover did you buy--lighted or non-lighted? I bought the non-lighted cover with K3 WiFi on July 28. No word on either yet, not that I expect to hear until late next week, but my cover is still showing a date of September 1 to 3 and no date on the K3 of course.
Lighted one. According to tracking it'll arrive Monday morning. No change in status for the K3 itself.
marcosv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:53 AM   #53
estrial
small is good
estrial doesn't litterestrial doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy S
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosv View Post
Lighted one. According to tracking it'll arrive Monday morning. No change in status for the K3 itself.
I supposed you checked the "send seperately"?
I also ordered on the day they announced kindle3 but I wanted them to be sent together and there's no new detail on the delivery date of the kindle3 but the case says 31st aug.
estrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:13 AM   #54
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Hopefully by Sep 1 my nails will begin to grow back.

I am in the first batch, I also ordered a lighted cover, then I discovered that it was to be processed by a different entity of Amazon (can't recall the name, sorry) so I thought why pay two separate shipping charges, why can't they ship it as one package, that would save on FedEx costs. Also there was a separate import preparation charge (has anyone ever received a return on that?).

Hence, I canceled that order and ordered the cover from Amazon.co.uk. Will be interesting to find out if they arrive more or less together, or the cover comes first.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:07 AM   #55
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Wondering as well, but hoping !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post

I am in the first batch, I also ordered a lighted cover, then I discovered that it was to be processed by a different entity of Amazon (can't recall the name, sorry) so I thought why pay two separate shipping charges, why can't they ship it as one package, that would save on FedEx costs. Also there was a separate import preparation charge (has anyone ever received a return on that?).

Hence, I canceled that order and ordered the cover from Amazon.co.uk. Will be interesting to find out if they arrive more or less together, or the cover comes first.
Hi Kumabjorn
I had to order from amazon.com as well, living in Denmark.
K3 3G+WIFI and lighted cover shows to be sold(shipped?) from Amazon Export Sales, Inc.
I should be in the first batch as well, but no info from Amazon yet, huge sigh.
Just look at these prices for a K3 3G+WIFI incl. the lighted cover:
Subtotal of Items: $248.99
Shipping & Handling: $26.97
---------
Import Fees Deposit $71.74
---------
Total for this Order: $347.70

Don't know if it any help.
Cheers
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:11 AM   #56
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:

If you selected the 'send items together' but amazon ships them separately anyway, you only pay one shipping cost. You didn't need to change your order.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:38 AM   #57
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I never saw the option of shipping together, but from pchrist7's post I just calculated that I saved myself $32 by getting the cover from UK. Besides, one needs to spread the goodies around, right ladies?
Old 08-22-2010, 06:45 AM   #58
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
I never saw the option of shipping together, but from pchrist7's post I just calculated that I saved myself $32 by getting the cover from UK. Besides, one needs to spread the goodies around, right ladies?
Interesting. I was tempted to do the "giant order" with the cover thing, but I waited (DXG cover is a matter to be pondered upon too). 32 USD? Did the right thing.
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:13 AM   #59
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Import fee deposit may be cheaper for Italy. Do a comparison and see what the end result is.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:19 AM   #60
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
Import fee deposit may be cheaper for Italy. Do a comparison and see what the end result is.
Done, it's 20USD and it's still too much imho, when I have eBay or Amazon.co.uk within the EU
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote