Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 06-22-2018, 06:44 AM   #1
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Conquest, Joan: Leonie of the Jungle, v1, 22 June 2018

Conquest, Joan: Leonie of the Jungle, v1, 22 June 2018
"Joan Conquest" (Mary Eliza Louise Cooke, 1883-1941) wrote many fantasy-romance novels, frequently involving the Mystic East.

This novel, "reviewed" by S J Perelman in his "Cloudland Revisited" series of pieces, is the best remembered and probably the most typical. Leonie Hetth, born in India, orphaned as an infant, and brought up in England, reached young womanhood and begins rather hazardous sleepwalking while talking in a strange language, which turns out to be Hindi.

The trail winds back to India, and a crazed Kali-worshipping guru who, from a distance, lures her into his clutches.

The works of Joan Conquest are in the PD in Life plus 70 and Life plus 50 countries, and this book is also in the PD in the USA, having been first published in 1921.

I have used the cover of the original novel, but there is no high-resolution image of the very rare dust jacket to be found, so I have used a low-res image of it as a frontispiece.

EDIT: The second of the two versions of this book is identical to the first except for the cover. The first version's cover turned out to be unsuitable for grey-scale readers such as Kindle . I found a much better version of the same cover which shows up well.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	172946  
Attached Files
File Type: epub Leonie of the Jungle (1921) - Joan Conquest.epub (547.4 KB, 324 views)
File Type: epub Leonie of the Jungle - Joan Conquest.epub (427.0 KB, 163 views)

Last edited by Pulpmeister; 08-15-2019 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Cover
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote