Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 06-17-2018, 10:29 PM   #31
p38lightning
Zealot
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Lenovo Tab M9
D/L from mega.nz link, followed the copied instructions (from DrOhh's above reply). Renamed to update.zip. Update proceeded without APPARENT issues and I received a successful completion message. All still looks as it did prior to doing this and in Settings/System Updates my current version still reads "V1.0.2-2018010215"! It is most definitely DOES NOT read "...52616"!!! Open to suggestions.

Yet another "update": Retried above using the download from fernsruben 6/16 message (second link/mega server). This has a slightly different file name from the above mega.nz mirror link mentioned. Followed all the correct procedures with the same result. The ONLY indicator that something "happened" is that my startup page now shows a sketch of the Brooklyn Bridge and the "start up" sequencing now takes place in the upper right rather than lower center. Other than that, all remains as was with no change in the version number as indicated above.

Last edited by p38lightning; 06-18-2018 at 08:08 AM. Reason: second update
p38lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:38 PM   #32
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernsruben View Post
Does anyone know how to rename the thread subject? Thanks!
Any moderator can change the thread title. If you look at the bottom of the mobileread forum main page you can see what moderators (green) are currently logged on and PM them.

Alternatively you can click the exclamation point in your first post and send a message to all moderators asking the title be changed.

Or use the Contact Us on the bottom of the main page. This may get someone's attention, I'm not sure how many folks monitor those messages.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2018, 09:49 AM   #33
DoktrJones
DoktrJones is on a distinguished road

Device: Bebook mini, likebook plus
Ok so I got the update to install after first flashing the original firmware shared in this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...74&postcount=3

I like the new systemui, it looks a lot sleeker! The new launcher looks good too, the only thing I could do without is the top of the home page, they added a section with quotations and a graph of the time spent reading or something. Kind of a waste of space imho.

@fernsruben You said you could contact the devs, any idea if you could get access to the home launcher source?
DoktrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:11 AM   #34
p38lightning
Zealot
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Making sure I understand the above: You reverted to V1.0.0 firmware using the above link and download of "paper/rar". This allowed you to correctly install V."...52616". Had you installed V1.0.2-2018010215 and did this cause an incomplete install?
Old 06-18-2018, 10:35 AM   #35
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
I just installed and have build V2.0.0-2018052616 - no problems what so ever so far...

Testing now.

Edit:

Everything seems to work just fine. Taskbar moved to top and new artwork. Feels snappier, perhaps, but that may be my imagination. I will still use RelaunchX...

I had my device rooted and it seems to be rooted still with all software running as it should.

I just placed update.zip in top of /mnt/sdcard and ran a system update from local memory.

Edit2: Nope - need to root again.

Last edited by Adoby; 06-18-2018 at 11:11 AM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2018, 11:02 AM   #36
DoktrJones
DoktrJones is on a distinguished road

Device: Bebook mini, likebook plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by p38lightning View Post
Making sure I understand the above: You reverted to V1.0.0 firmware using the above link and download of "paper/rar". This allowed you to correctly install V."...52616". Had you installed V1.0.2-2018010215 and did this cause an incomplete install?
Exactly. I had v1.0.2-2018010215 installed and was rooted. I unrooted the device, did a factory reset, and followed OP's instructions to update which kept resulting in a failed update (I tried a few times),
Then I flashed the original firmware image with RKBatchTool to start from a clean slate. Followed OP's instructions again, updating successfully to v2.0.0-2018052616
DoktrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:34 AM   #37
p38lightning
Zealot

Okay and thanks. I never rooted mine and did not experience this issue when switching from the stock software to V1.0.2-2018010215. Any thoughts???
Old 06-18-2018, 12:02 PM   #38
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Okay and thanks. I never rooted mine and did not experience this issue when switching from the stock software to V1.0.2-2018010215. Any thoughts???
Same here. Also, my bluetooth had been erratic and now doesn't connect at all.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:03 PM   #39
p38lightning
Zealot

Help!!! While trying all of the above including a factory reset. I somehow lost my USB connection to this unit. I think it occurred after the factory reset. Tried two different usb cables and two connectors on my W10 desktop along with rebooting both the desktop and the Illumina along with gently jiggling the connector. All else appears to be functioning. What happened and what is the fix??? PS: The connector is also unresponsive when hooked up to charge!!! Fortunately it has a full charge (for now).

Last edited by p38lightning; 06-18-2018 at 12:52 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:51 PM   #40
pokkis
pokkis began at the beginning.

Device: Glo, Likebook
Downgrading to 1.0.1 solved update problem, thanks.
New GUI feels much better
pokkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:56 PM   #41
fernsruben
Connoisseur
fernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura, Galaxy Tab 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktrJones View Post
Ok so I got the update to install after first flashing the original firmware shared in this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...74&postcount=3

I like the new systemui, it looks a lot sleeker! The new launcher looks good too, the only thing I could do without is the top of the home page, they added a section with quotations and a graph of the time spent reading or something. Kind of a waste of space imho.

@fernsruben You said you could contact the devs, any idea if you could get access to the home launcher source?
I could ask them. Dont expect anything positive though.
fernsruben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:21 PM   #42
fernsruben
Connoisseur
fernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Any moderator can change the thread title. If you look at the bottom of the mobileread forum main page you can see what moderators (green) are currently logged on and PM them.

Alternatively you can click the exclamation point in your first post and send a message to all moderators asking the title be changed.

Or use the Contact Us on the bottom of the main page. This may get someone's attention, I'm not sure how many folks monitor those messages.
Thanks for the assist. Will ping one of the mods
Old 06-18-2018, 11:08 PM   #43
fernsruben
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
I just installed and have build V2.0.0-2018052616 - no problems what so ever so far...

Testing now.

Edit:

Everything seems to work just fine. Taskbar moved to top and new artwork. Feels snappier, perhaps, but that may be my imagination. I will still use RelaunchX...

I had my device rooted and it seems to be rooted still with all software running as it should.

I just placed update.zip in top of /mnt/sdcard and ran a system update from local memory.

Edit2: Nope - need to root again.
Did you manage to root the new update? RootMaster nor KingRoot works.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:10 PM   #44
fernsruben
Connoisseur

Quote:
Help!!! While trying all of the above including a factory reset. I somehow lost my USB connection to this unit. I think it occurred after the factory reset. Tried two different usb cables and two connectors on my W10 desktop along with rebooting both the desktop and the Illumina along with gently jiggling the connector. All else appears to be functioning. What happened and what is the fix??? PS: The connector is also unresponsive when hooked up to charge!!! Fortunately it has a full charge (for now).
Have you finally managed to update your device?

Last edited by fernsruben; 06-22-2018 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:30 AM   #45
pokkis
pokkis began at the beginning.

Device: Glo, Likebook
I remeber seen instructions how to get PlayStore installed, but can not find it now

EDIT, solved it by installing Nova Launcher.

Last edited by pokkis; 06-19-2018 at 07:43 AM.
pokkis is offline   Reply With Quote