Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-05-2020, 01:07 AM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Lots of classic books in Kindle collections -- free

From SlickDeals.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14022026-fr...d-833bea431d04

I never heard of 10 Days in Madhouse, by Nellie Bly. Which is not part of a collection.

They also have the Anne of Gable collection. Jane Austen's complete books, 500 Fairy Tales and Frankenstein and Oz collections. (I didn't get any of these mentioned in this paragraph.) Quality looks good on the books I did download.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 12:52 PM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I never heard of 10 Days in Madhouse, by Nellie Bly. Which is not part of a collection.
Ten Days in a Mad-House is an old non-fiction book. A reporter got herself committed to an insane asylum in 1887. Haven't read it yet, but it is supposed to be very good.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2020, 01:59 PM   #3
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
It's actually quite well known in the field of mental health. Excerpts from it were required reading in a upper division college course I took on sociology of mental illness. (Said course kicked my tail with its reading load of several hundred pages a week...but was an excellent course...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Ten Days in a Mad-House is an old non-fiction book. A reporter got herself committed to an insane asylum in 1887. Haven't read it yet, but it is supposed to be very good.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 03:51 PM   #4
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Seems to be $0.49 right now at Amazon, but that a good enough price that I picked it up. I have heard of it, but only remotely.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 05:29 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
...or FREE at Gutenberg [USA]:

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/59899
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2020, 10:42 PM   #6
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
Quote:
It’s always interesting to see how people respond differently to the same thing based on their life experiences and interests. To me Nelly Bly is right up there with the suffragettes, and other pioneering women. There is a movie of 10 days in a mad house Not the greatest movie ever made but if I remember correctly doesn’t stray too far from book.

This reminds me of a book about mental illness and an asylum that I would like to reread but is no longer in print and not available as an ebook, The Snake Pit. Another orphan book I guess.
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 04:20 AM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I've heard the name "Nellie Bly" referred to in the past, but I never knew why. I've just read the first couple chapters so far (mostly introduction). Definitely drew me in.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:32 AM   #8
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Nellie Bly was also part of a publicity stunt where she traveled Around the World in Seventy-Two Days .
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:15 PM   #9
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Regarding "Ten Days in Madhouse"(sic) the title doesn't give me much confidence in the quality of the specific edition in question.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 11:38 PM   #10
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
Regarding "Ten Days in Madhouse"(sic) the title doesn't give me much confidence in the quality of the specific edition in question.
The listing at Amazon is poor, but the book, itself, seems to be typeset well and the books title is Ten Days in a Mad-House. I've attached screen capture to show the Chapter layout...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2020_05_07T20_30_59-0700.png
Views:	200
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	179129