Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-25-2013, 02:42 AM   #1
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
[O'Reilly] 50% off Linux ebooks (till 31.1.2013)

http://shop.oreilly.com/category/dea...-wklnux-direct

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Reilly
Use discount code WKLNUX - Deal expires Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:59pm PT, and cannot be combined with other offers.
Offer does not apply to Print, or "Print & Ebook" bundle pricing.
I have to say, the books look pricy - even with half off.
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
£25 - £50 is pretty much the normal price range for tech/reference books since the audience size for given topics can vary quite a bit.

A book on installing linux or learning about the command line may have a wider audience than say a book on programming a specific sub section of the linux kernel. Price will likely be influenced by that (amongst other things)
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I used to have a very strong addiction to technical books like this. I have a bookshelf full of books I've never read just because I felt they might be useful. The Content Management Bible! (ffs)

So I look at these books and I can't help but salivate. In Australia, some technical books like this could be close to $100.

But I have to be realistic these days. Am I going to read them....at all? Some habits you really should try hard to kick.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
linux, o'reilly