Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-29-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
snape
Language Lover
snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.

Device: Current: PRS-350, Kindle PW // Previous: PRS-505, Kindle 1, Kindle 2
Which Caecilia to buy?

I love using Lexia DaMa on my 350, but the font weight is just a little lighter than I'd like it it be and the bold version is just a little too fat. If I want to buy a single format of Caecilia, which one should I get to come as close to the Kindle's version as possible? I think I read that Amazon tweaked up their own version which is probably not available for purchase, so I'm just hoping to come as close as I can. Or if there's a medium-weight version of Lexia that I've overlooked, that would probably do the trick, too.

Thanks!
snape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Check these out from FontPark, they are free. Try a few and see which works best for you.

http://fontpark.net/en/search/Caecilia/1/
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #3
snape
Language Lover
snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.snape knows who John Galt is.

Is that a legitimate site? None of the downloads are working--they all say "invalid" when I try to unzip them.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I don't know if it's legitimate, but I downloaded those Caecilias last week and tried them out. They worked just fine, but they were not as good as the Nimbus Mod, so I haven't kept them.

Edit: Made a new download, abd I couldn't extract it from my explorer. but when I opened 7-zip I was able to unzip it from there.

Last edited by Asawi; 07-29-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:58 AM   #5
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350,Sony PRS-950,Pocketbook 360+,B&N Nook Simple Touch Reader
I started a thread with a ton of screen shots. I use Caecilia Bold (which isn't a true bold..more of a medium weight), and use Casecilia Black or Heavy (don't remember which), for the bold version. It works wonderfully, and I've tested every font out there, pretty extensively.
Japes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 12:31 PM   #6
snape
Language Lover

@Asawi -- thanks for the tip on using 7-zip, that did the trick.

@Japes -- your screenshots were very helpful, thanks for posting them.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #7
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by snape View Post
Is that a legitimate site? None of the downloads are working--they all say "invalid" when I try to unzip them.
Yes, it is legitimate. I've got them to work on two readers, a Sony 350 and a Kobo Touch. (It looks like you finally got them to unzip properly.)
Old 07-29-2011, 03:49 PM   #8
snape
Language Lover

Quote:
Yes, it is legitimate. I've got them to work on two readers, a Sony 350 and a Kobo Touch. (It looks like you finally got them to unzip properly.)
Yes, I was able to make them work using 7-zip and they loaded right onto my 350 without any problems. Thanks for posting the link!