Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-06-2018, 12:09 PM   #1
Bakuretsu
Bakuretsu began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Kindle Touch - Blank Screen

I recently purchase a KT from someone online. It worked fine when I got it, I was able to use the touch screen and all that. I could navigate the menu etc.
Unfortunately when I tried to register the KT it would not work. I kept getting an error and to try again later. It did this for the first day. On the second day I called Amazon to see what else I could do to register the device. They registered the device from their side, but I had to update the device for it to work.

This is when things got worse. I downloaded the 5.3.2.1 update and went through the menu to do the update. The update started and it seemed like it was going just fine. Once the update got to around 25% the device rebooted and when it finished rebooting all I could see was a blank white screen with the time in the top right corner on 12:00 AM with the battery icon next to it.

After spending another hour on the phone with level 2 tech support they could not help me. I have been searching for a way to try a factory restore without access to the menu settings, so I found the DO_FACTORY_RESTORE instructions. This has not worked unfortunately and I am now at a loss as to what to do. I have searched high and low to see if this has ever happened to anyone else and have found nothing.

As a last note, I did try the next update for the software, which is 5.3.7.3. Once I rebooted the device I get the "software update failed" unknown error 3

If anyone has ANY suggestions I would be very grateful. This was suppose to be a present for my fiance and it has turned into a massive headache :/
Bakuretsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 10:10 PM   #2
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
Hi, have your tried using Kubrick? Here is a link: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=206064
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote