Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-13-2022, 03:28 AM   #511
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Just started watching 'Lucifer'. As I enjoyed 'Grimm' which I recently finished, I thought another occult themed show would fill the gap. Noy sure about this one yet. Tom Ellis is charming as the title character, playing a slightly camp englishman with hidden powers. Maybe it feels as though it is trying too hard to be quirky? Only four episodes in, so will give it a few more and then decide whether to stick with it!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 03:08 PM   #512
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by timebug View Post
Just started watching 'Lucifer'. As I enjoyed 'Grimm' which I recently finished, I thought another occult themed show would fill the gap. Noy sure about this one yet. Tom Ellis is charming as the title character, playing a slightly camp englishman with hidden powers. Maybe it feels as though it is trying too hard to be quirky? Only four episodes in, so will give it a few more and then decide whether to stick with it!
I watched it all, and never entirely warmed up to either of the two main characters. Great supporting cast, though. That's what carried it for me.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2022, 03:44 PM   #513
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I watched it all, and never entirely warmed up to either of the two main characters. Great supporting cast, though. That's what carried it for me.
I never was able to figure out how she was cast. Him, sure, you can see that. Her, not so much. The Latina lab-tech is a hoot as are most of the rest of the supporting cast. I never completed the last NFLX season. I won't spoil it, but the appearance of some "from the future" character just left me cold. Stopped watching, and never went back. Oh, well. I seriously doubt that NFLX cares what I watch.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 03:47 AM   #514
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the comments re 'Lucifer'. As I posted earlier, it is early days yet (for me) but I will stick with watching one episode per day for the next few days; if it 'clicks' for me I will watch them all, if not, well there is plenty to go at out there!
Old 08-14-2022, 03:51 AM   #515
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I didn't continue with the second season of Wayward Pines, it just didn't hold my interest. Instead I started the third season of Nancy Drew. I enjoyed the first two seasons, it's a bit silly, but an easy watch. I watched three episodes and I'm also enjoying this season.

I'm also interested in Outer Range, I might start that tonight, watch a couple of episodes of each series.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2022, 10:49 AM   #516
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I'm also interested in Outer Range, I might start that tonight, watch a couple of episodes of each series.
That one's pretty trippy/out-there, but I enjoyed it.
Old 08-15-2022, 09:00 AM   #517
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Started watching the second season/series of "The Outlaws" on Prime Video. So far, it's as entertaining as the first.
Old 08-15-2022, 10:45 AM   #518
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Almost finished with season 2 of Billions - the writing is smart and very detail oriented. The addition of the Taylor Mason character creates almost a Kirk-Spock relationship with Axelrod - it's fascinating to watch Asia Kate Dillon interact with Damian Lewis onscreen - logic versus instinct.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 10:47 AM   #519
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Started watching the second season/series of "The Outlaws" on Prime Video. So far, it's as entertaining as the first.
Comedy?

Hitch
Old 08-15-2022, 10:51 AM   #520
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Comedy?
For the most part, yes. Dark comedy, I'd say.
Old 08-15-2022, 11:06 AM   #521
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
For the most part, yes. Dark comedy, I'd say.
Oh, goody. It's really the only kind I like. (Other than Robin Williams. He gets a pass from me, no matter what. I'm sure he's resting easier in his grave/urn/? knowing that....)

Hitch
Old 08-16-2022, 04:01 AM   #522
timebug
Ancient Sage

Well, I made it through six episodes of 'Lucifer' and decided it was not for me, so I deleted it from my watchlist. I had enjoyed 'Grimm' for it's tongue in cheek weirdness, but 'Lucifer' just seemed to be trying too hard, I.M.O! I had no particular opinions about the actors/cast although Tom Ellis was playing the title character as being camper than a row of tents! It just failed to give me that buzz that you get when you are actually enjoying something!
Old 08-16-2022, 12:44 PM   #523
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by timebug View Post
Well, I made it through six episodes of 'Lucifer' and decided it was not for me, so I deleted it from my watchlist. I had enjoyed 'Grimm' for it's tongue in cheek weirdness, but 'Lucifer' just seemed to be trying too hard, I.M.O! I had no particular opinions about the actors/cast although Tom Ellis was playing the title character as being camper than a row of tents! It just failed to give me that buzz that you get when you are actually enjoying something!
LOL, different horses, different courses--by and large with Grimm, I always felt that it, too, was "trying too hard." I really struggled with the Grimm and his g/f, (Juliet) as I wasn't wild about either of them. The supporting cast made it work for me, though. [shrug].

Hitch
Old 08-17-2022, 09:27 PM   #524
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Watching David Tennant's "Around the World in 80 Days" on PBS. It amazes me how many pointless, mundane scenes and storylines they've managed to fit into a rather action-packed adventure.
Old 08-18-2022, 04:26 AM   #525
timebug
Ancient Sage

Streaming an old Sky series, a sitcom called 'Trollied'. Set in a fictional supermarket in the North of England, staffed by a motley crew of would be leaders and no-hopers. Similar to the US sitcom 'Superstore' but funnier,as most of the humour is 'home grown' (to me) and I can relate to most of the situations even though I have never worked in such an environment.
A few good guest cameos too, so far.