Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-26-2022, 07:42 PM   #361
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I haven't gotten my 4th shot yet. Hubby has, but he's out and about more than I am. I'm not against it, mind you, but seems so soon after the last, back in November. I'm inclined to wait until late summer, say a few weeks before the big rodeo comes to town.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 10:35 AM   #362
arjaybe
Wizard
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Got my fourth microchip. I can feel it migrating through my flesh to join up with the other ones. Can't wait to see what they're building in there.
arjaybe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 05:36 PM   #363
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
Well, my coworker got sick the other week (he babysat his grandkids, the little germ factories) and came to work sneezing and coughing. So of course this week I was coughing and spitting phlegm like nobody's business, and nobody batted an eye.
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 03:29 PM   #364
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I keep hearing about the booster that's supposed to be coming this fall against Omicron. I really hope that one works to help prevent illness. I'm glad to know that the shots I've had will likely keep me from getting severely ill but I'd rather not catch it in the first place.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 07:30 PM   #365
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I think we have to get used to the idea of annual covid shots and stop worrying about which variants they are targeting. Much as we do with influenza shots. Hopefully they will be able to combine them into a single jab, like MMR.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 08:08 PM   #366
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I think we have to get used to the idea of annual covid shots and stop worrying about which variants they are targeting. Much as we do with influenza shots. Hopefully they will be able to combine them into a single jab, like MMR.
I actually searched that yesterday, out of curiosity. Found this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/..._to_combine_a/
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 09:03 AM   #367
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Eventually yes, I'm sure there will be regular shots like for flu. But the current shots, though they do help prevent serious illness, don't prevent catching the Omicron variant to start with.
it seems like every new variant is a version of Omicron. So I hope they will be able to come up with a shot that can help prevent catching Omicron. Though I'm sure once that happens, a new variant that isn't Omicron will appear....
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 05:57 PM   #368
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Eventually yes, I'm sure there will be regular shots like for flu. But the current shots, though they do help prevent serious illness, don't prevent catching the Omicron variant to start with.
it seems like every new variant is a version of Omicron. So I hope they will be able to come up with a shot that can help prevent catching Omicron. Though I'm sure once that happens, a new variant that isn't Omicron will appear....
I saw this a day or two ago: https://news.yale.edu/2022/07/19/yal...icron-variants
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 07:48 PM   #369
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
My understanding is that the upcoming Pfizer and Moderna Omicron specific vaccines target sub-variants that emerged early (Jan here) - i.e. BA.1 and BA.2, not sure about BA.2.75. Sub-variants BA.4 and particularly BA.5 are driving the surge here, and elsewhere in the Western Pacific (Japan, Taiwan, New Zealand, etc… and now Micronesia).

I've heard researchers express the view that the WHO should have designated Omicron variants BA.4 and BA.5 as a new variant - Pi. Where do they go after Omega?

In recent weeks new Omicron sub-variants have been detected in the US and here. In Louisiana - BE.1 and BF.1 and in New South Wales - BE.1, BE.3 and BF.1. The NSW cases were in returned travellers, they don't tell us where from - maybe Louisana. They are monitoring close contacts, there's been no local spread that they know of.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-23-2022 at 01:50 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 12:02 AM   #370
kevin3289
Addict
kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know anyone who has died from COVID, but that might just be a matter of time. I'm in my sixties and have a chronic lung complaint, so I put on a mask whenever I go out. One thing in my favour is that I have high levels of Selenium in my blood. About 15 years ago I started using it to treat a serious skin cancer, and found that it worked really well. Only recently it occurred to me that I haven't had a cold or flu in all that time. I googled it and discovered that Selenium is very important in the immune system. It defends against viruses and a variety of other things, and low levels of Selenium can even result in a virus mutating into a deadlier strain. Apparently there appears to be a clear link between Selenium deficiency and the more deadly cases of Covid-19. Just some food for thought.
kevin3289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 11:44 AM   #371
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Welp - just got my flu vaccine in my left arm (didn't hurt a bit going in - never had this happen before with flu shots) and the new multi-variant Pfizer booster in my right arm (that one hurt going in) -- and absolutely no reaction at either site yet. Curious as to what my reaction will be ... to either one or both.

Update:

Ok then, 4 hours later: flu arm sore, throbbing, and very red; covid arm mildly sore and red.
Me? Feel like I've been hit by a truck - falling asleep at my desk, no energy, headache.

Memo to self: only one vaccine at a time.

Last edited by poohbear_nc; 09-12-2022 at 02:29 PM.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 12:38 AM   #372
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I had that happen last year too, poohbear_nc! I definitely need to remember to schedule vaccinations a couple weeks apart this year.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 02:00 AM   #373
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I had that happen last year too, poohbear_nc! I definitely need to remember to schedule vaccinations a couple weeks apart this year.
I shall be aiming to get both at once and so have only one period of feeling a bit under the weather.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 10:18 AM   #374
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I .... have ..... no .... energy .... today ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 10:22 AM   #375
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I .... have ..... no .... energy .... today ....
At least you could have no energy with the windows open and a slightly cool breeze this morning?

Seriously, though, hope you feel better soon!
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote