Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-21-2019, 03:50 PM   #16
vermeer82
vermeer82 began at the beginning.

Device: Yotaphone 2 and 3+, Onyx Boox Max2 and Note, Paperlike Pro
Also, have a look there https://www.reddit.com/r/YotaPhone/ several people own a Yotaphone 3+ too and can answer your questions.
vermeer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:10 AM   #17
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermeer82 View Post
I received my Yotaphone 3+ and I am very disappointed as I have not yet found a real "mirror mode".
well, that was one of "features" of the Yotaphone 3.
They declared it in advance that it would not have the mirror mode, so that they "motivate developers to develop apps for the e-ink screen of Yotaphone exclusively". ... If I remember correctly.

I personally would set up the back screen with launchers of all the apps I am likely to use to minimize the interaction with the main screen.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2019, 09:05 AM   #18
vermeer82
vermeer82 began at the beginning.

Device: Yotaphone 2 and 3+, Onyx Boox Max2 and Note, Paperlike Pro
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I personally would set up the back screen with launchers of all the apps I am likely to use to minimize the interaction with the main screen.
That is a start but they are so many other problems to solve. You can see my dedicated post about them here
vermeer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:52 PM   #19
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What ever happened to this ? The international version appears to have a mirror mode, google play and a matte EPD. Wouldn't this be a great alternative to hisense ?
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 02:05 AM   #20
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Yota Devices went out of businesss in April 2019.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2020, 12:04 PM   #21
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Yota Devices went out of businesss in April 2019.
Does that make it not worth it anymore ? I've seen one going for sale and I'm kind of tempted.
Old 03-16-2020, 03:43 PM   #22
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1 View Post
Does that make it not worth it anymore ? I've seen one going for sale and I'm kind of tempted.
They still work, but there's no support. AFAIK, no updates for security problems. Unless there's a third-party support group.

If it was cheap, it might be fun to play with. I wouldn't want one as my main phone anymore. (I did have a Yotaphone 2 as my main phone at one point.)
Old 03-16-2020, 05:49 PM   #23
tracey1
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
They still work, but there's no support. AFAIK, no updates for security problems. Unless there's a third-party support group.

If it was cheap, it might be fun to play with. I wouldn't want one as my main phone anymore. (I did have a Yotaphone 2 as my main phone at one point.)
Meaning no android upgrades either ?

Hisense A2Pro would be my alternative, I believe the advantage then, would be regular updates as opposed to this one ?
Old 03-16-2020, 05:51 PM   #24
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
What's happening? Blank posts?
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:37 AM   #25
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
What's happening? Blank posts?
Do you have someone on ignore?
Old 03-22-2020, 08:12 PM   #26
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1 View Post
It seems to have important functionallity bugs. Not sure but is risky. Yotaphone 2 was a very good phone, tough

Hisense A2 pro is no more on Aliexpress. Maybe somewhere else, and if not, there are other 2 hisense phones

EDIT: BTW, Hisense is not updating or making any software change in his A2 pro, at least since the last 10months

Last edited by eReader fan; 03-23-2020 at 11:09 AM.
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote