Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-11-2019, 11:18 AM   #2311
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Corel PaintShop Pro 2020 Ultimate - Photo Editing & Graphic Design with ParticleShop Plugin and 5-Brush Starter Pack [PC Disc]

Only $14.50 right now (list price $99.99)

Quote:
  • Get software valued at over 400 dollars including an exclusive ParticleShop plugin with 5 brush starter pack plus GRFX Studio, Parallels Toolbox, Photomirage Express, Painter Essentials 6 and Corel AfterShot 3
  • Choose and customize your workspace to suit your photo editing needs and style
  • Pro-level photo editing with high precision depth of field, selection, and cloning tools; save time with faster text editing and scripts
  • Powerful RAW image editing is at your fingertips in PaintShop Pro’s RAW Lab, including before and after preview options
  • Built-in algorithms to fix, crop, straighten or correct any image with a few simple clicks
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 01:28 PM   #2312
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I'm seeing $99.99 as the price.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2019, 03:47 PM   #2313
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I saw the $14.50 price earlier today - must have been a mistake they've now corrected?
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:08 PM   #2314
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
So sorry you missed the sale. Perhaps the price will go down again around Black Friday/Cyber Monday. You may want to add it to your Amazon Wish List and check several times a day. That's how I found out it was $14.50 this morning.

For anyone interested, here's a link to the 560-page PaintShop Pro 2020 User Guide: http://help.corel.com/paintshop-pro/...p-pro-2020.pdf.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:05 PM   #2315
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Grateful Dead fans, 30 Days of Dead is back for 2019: one free mp3 track each day in November.
Thanks.

Not a "Dead Head," but a bunch of these will be "keepers".

Is it normal protocol fo a person to have to download songs to a laptop or desktop before transferring them to his/her smartphone? If not, I wonder what the rationale is.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2019, 06:39 AM   #2316
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Thanks.

Not a "Dead Head," but a bunch of these will be "keepers".

Is it normal protocol fo a person to have to download songs to a laptop or desktop before transferring them to his/her smartphone? If not, I wonder what the rationale is.
I assume most people have a primary music (and maybe audiobook) library - mine is on a PC. Then I have subsets copied to 2 phones and to those tiny "fit" flash drives to plug into car USB ports. My car has trouble with FLAC so those are converted to MP3 as needed. Downloads are mostly Freegal so could theoretically be done on any device with a browser, but PC seems much easier, and same for TV or Youtube recordings where I usually keep the whole recording on the PC but extract the much smaller audio file for portable use.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:03 PM   #2317
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
So sorry you missed the sale. Perhaps the price will go down again around Black Friday/Cyber Monday. You may want to add it to your Amazon Wish List and check several times a day. That's how I found out it was $14.50 this morning.

For anyone interested, here's a link to the 560-page PaintShop Pro 2020 User Guide: http://help.corel.com/paintshop-pro/...p-pro-2020.pdf.
Now the price for PaintShop Pro is $48.51. Not good enough for me to upgrade.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 07:27 PM   #2318
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
I assume most people have a primary music (and maybe audiobook) library - mine is on a PC. Then I have subsets copied to 2 phones and to those tiny "fit" flash drives to plug into car USB ports. My car has trouble with FLAC so those are converted to MP3 as needed. Downloads are mostly Freegal so could theoretically be done on any device with a browser, but PC seems much easier, and same for TV or Youtube recordings where I usually keep the whole recording on the PC but extract the much smaller audio file <snip>
My everyday-driving vehicle is 16 model-years old. All that it has is an AM/FM stereo and a CD player (which quit working shortly after the warranty expired ).

I had to rent a car a little less than a year and a half ago. The electronics in it blew my mind--I literally did not know where to turn the stereo on!

So that's where I'm "coming from". When you explained why you liked downloading to a PC, it made great sense, once I learned what kind of capabilities that your car's audio system has. I wonder what kind of issues that you will have when USB becomes obsolete, though.

(Sometime, when it's relevant, I'll tell you all about the two antique vehicles that I own. I am almost certain that even an AM radio was not available in the older vehicle. The other vehicle had a radio (probably AM only) as an option. It used vacuum tubes.).

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 11-13-2019 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:13 PM   #2319
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

Quote:
My everyday-driving vehicle is 16 model-years old. All that it has is an AM/FM stereo and a CD player (which quit working shortly after the warranty expired ).

I had to rent a car a little less than a year and a half ago. The electronics in it blew my mind--I literally did not know how to turn the stereo on!

So that's where I'm "coming from". When you explained why you liked downloading to a PC, it made great sense, once I learned what kind of capabilities that your car's audio system has. I wonder what kind of issues that you will have when USB becomes obsolete, though.

(Sometime, when it's relevant, I'll tell you all about the two antique vehicles that I own. I am almost certain that even an AM radio was not available in the older vehicle. The other vehicle had a radio (probably AM only) as an option. It used vacuum tubes.).
In a way it's already obsolete. When I get in my car my $50 Galaxy J7 phone automatically pairs to its bluetooth and in some ways it's easier to play audio from the phone - navigating a 128GB flash drive with even a few hundred audio files on the car's system can be cumbersome. Plus for some reason my car's <<| button only returns to the beginning of the track, not to previous track which is insanely annoying. It is pretty slick for audiobooks though where navigation is minimal.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:10 AM   #2320
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:

I had to rent a car a little less than a year and a half ago. The electronics in it blew my mind--I literally did not know how to turn the stereo on!

I have a 1993 S10 Pickup. The Am/FM Cassette Radio died and both original and a digital copy of the radio is over $400.00. I put in a Pioneer SPH-10BT. It has a built in dock that holds your phone and it holds mine with an otterbox case. You install the Pioneer Connect app on your phone and your phone now displays all of the radio information. It has GPS through Waze or Google Maps, hands free calling and all of the music apps on my phone, including Sirius/XM. The only thing it does not have is an Aux Port.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:36 PM   #2321
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I have a 1993 S10 Pickup. The Am/FM Cassette Radio died and both original and a digital copy of the radio is over $400.00. I put in a Pioneer SPH-10BT. It has a built in dock that holds your phone and it holds mine with an otterbox case. You install the Pioneer Connect app on your phone and your phone now displays all of the radio information. It has GPS through Waze or Google Maps, hands free calling and all of the music apps on my phone, including Sirius/XM. The only thing it does not have is an Aux Port.
Apache
We're getting But I'll risk one more post . . . .

All of that is way too complicated for me. Give me a decent FM stereo, CD player, and possibly a USB port, and I am a happy camper. You probably couldn't get only those today on any new car, except on the lowest of the low car models--it would be standard equipment.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 11-13-2019 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:18 AM   #2322
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon -- exp 06 Jan 2020
Quote:
4 MONTHS FOR $0.99

Limited time only, cancel anytime

$9.99/month after. New subscribers only. Terms apply.
Quote:
Terms & Conditions

This offer expires at January 06, 2020. This offer applies only to the Amazon Music Unlimited Individual Monthly Plan and is available only to Amazon customers who are new subscribers to Amazon Music Unlimited. After the promotional trial, your subscription will automatically continue at the monthly price of $9.99 ($7.99 for Prime members) until you cancel. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in the U.S. and are subject to the terms and conditions of Amazon Digital Services LLC. Offer limited to one per customer and account. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time. Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:20 PM   #2323
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
CuriosityStream -- Holiday Sale -- exp 05 Jan 2020

Gift Subscriptions -- new customers only -- YMMV
Quote:
***Offer valid through January 5, 2020. Discount on annual plans applies to new CuriosityStream customers only.
Gift Subscription Terms
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    Purchasers of a CuriosityStream gift card will receive a free 30-day trial of the high definition CuriosityStream service for their personal use. Existing CuriosityStream subscribers are not eligible to receive a free trial. Limit one (1) trial regardless of the number of gift cards purchased.

Gift cards are one time use electronic codes that are redeemable for 12 months of either the high definition or premium 4K CuriosityStream service. Recipients must be at least 13 years of age.

You may redeem your gift card by visiting https://app.curiositystream.com/signup and following the instructions on the page. When you redeem your gift card, you will need to create a CuriosityStream account and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Once redeemed and activated, the Gift Card is void. Your 12 months of service will not begin until your gift card is redeemed. Once the gifted subscription lapses, a new subscription must be purchased or your account will be cancelled.

Gift cards will not be replaced if lost, stolen, deleted, destroyed, or used without your permission. Gift cards are non-refundable and cannot be returned, transferred, or redeemed for cash, except in states where cash redemptions are required or allowed by law. Gift Cards do not expire and are not subject to any transaction fees.

Gift cards are issued by CuriosityStream Inc., 8484 Georgia Ave., Suite 700, Silver Spring, MD 20910. When you purchase, receive or redeem a Gift Card, you agree that the laws of the State of Maryland, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these terms.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-04-2019 at 09:27 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 10:22 PM   #2324
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Amazon Music Unlimited.

4 months for 99 cents (that's for the _whole_ 4 months, not _per_ month). After that, it's $7.99/month.

New subscribers only.

Amazon.com/music/unlimited

A nice sweetener to the deal: "New subscribers will also receive 60% off their first 3 months of Audible." Fine print: "Offer will be sent via email from Audible. Not available to existing Audible members." [I interpret that to mean that if you are a new subscriber to _Amazon Music Unlimited_, you will receive 60% off of the regular membership fees (not the audiobooks) for the first three months of Audible. Question: Would you be considered a new member of Audible if you quit Audible, started your trial membership of Amazon Music Unlimited, and then tried to start your membership to Audible again? ]

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-15-2019 at 10:42 PM.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:19 AM   #2325
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
CuriosityStream -- Holiday Sale -- exp 05 Jan 2020

Gift Subscriptions -- new customers only -- YMMV

Gift Subscription Terms
I keep hoping Amazon will offer the discount on CS but no luck again this year.

Tags
disney movies anywhere, dma, movies anywhere, moviesanywhere