Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 04-01-2020, 02:07 AM   #1
Yosh
Yosh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad, Onyx Nova Color
Likebook Mars clock on the top bar is not updating

Hi, I have a new Likebook Mars. Installed all the updates (incl. the latest from mid-March).
I've noticed that the time shown in the top system bar is not correct. When I check the time settings in the device settings - it is correct.

Is this a bug? Do you know how to make the clock display the correct time?
Yosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:33 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosh View Post
Hi, I have a new Likebook Mars. Installed all the updates (incl. the latest from mid-March).
I've noticed that the time shown in the top system bar is not correct. When I check the time settings in the device settings - it is correct.

Is this a bug? Do you know how to make the clock display the correct time?
It's up to eInk. Changes are only shown if the screen content changes (e.g. a new page). Constantly updating the screen would drastically increase power consumption.
If you want to know the exact time, a screen refresh is sufficient.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 01:46 PM   #3
Yosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
It's up to eInk. Changes are only shown if the screen content changes (e.g. a new page). Constantly updating the screen would drastically increase power consumption.
If you want to know the exact time, a screen refresh is sufficient.
What is considered a screen refresh? Flipping pages does not affect the clock.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:59 PM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosh View Post
What is considered a screen refresh? Flipping pages does not affect the clock.
What about the circle in the top line?
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 11:27 AM   #5
MustardOrMayo
Connoisseur
MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Mimas (main) + (many others)
I've had this same issue on my Likebook Mimas. Is yours on firmware 1.x? If so, just restart and it should go back to normal. It's just the status bar clock that freezes.

Edit: I think I have some photos of when it would happen, available on request as I have to go through my photos and the memory card (I sent my device out for repair back in December and it hasn't came back to me as of this reply)

Last edited by MustardOrMayo; 04-06-2020 at 11:39 AM.
MustardOrMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 09:46 AM   #6
Yosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustardOrMayo View Post
I've had this same issue on my Likebook Mimas. Is yours on firmware 1.x? If so, just restart and it should go back to normal. It's just the status bar clock that freezes.
My device is on the latest firmware (2.xx) - So I guess that's a bug that wasn't solved