Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-18-2010, 08:15 PM   #1
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Can we turn off the page loading window to compel it not to appear?

The page loading window box is too large, centered and disturbing I think. So it hinders viewing currently present contents on the screen while waiting for the next page at every loading time. I think the green light is a enough and efficient signal to indicate page loading at least. There is no need to intend to cover some large extent of the screen because the device has a nice extra indicator, the indicating blub on it. In fact, the loading window doesn't show up and just the green light flickers if loading time is short. I want the same thing for long page loading cases. Can we manupulate the device to turn off the window internally?
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:36 AM   #2
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
The implementation of (showing) the dialog is in the function set_busy_show_cb() of Sources\4.0\iRex\popupmenu\src\ipc.c. There another implementation could be made.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2010, 05:02 AM   #3
Gertjan
ex-IRX developer
Gertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litter

Device: Irex DR800S, DR1000S, iLiad
Or change dialog_delay (currently 1000ms) in Sources\4.0\iRex\sysd\src\busy.c
Gertjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:30 AM   #4
bokjeid
Addict

I'm sorry but I know nothing about linux.. Where can we find Sources\4.0\iRex\popupmenu\src\ipc.c or Sources\4.0\iRex\sysd\src\busy.c? I tried to find them with mc but I couldn't;;

---
(edited)
Now I found it out on iRex homepage.. But how we deal with it..? Available on Windows? I don't know what it is at all;;

Last edited by bokjeid; 08-20-2010 at 05:40 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:02 PM   #5
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokjeid View Post
I'm sorry but I know nothing about linux.. Where can we find Sources\4.0\iRex\popupmenu\src\ipc.c or Sources\4.0\iRex\sysd\src\busy.c? I tried to find them with mc but I couldn't;;

---
(edited)
Now I found it out on iRex homepage.. But how we deal with it..? Available on Windows? I don't know what it is at all;;
It is not a simple script or registry value that can be changed, but part of the firmware needs to be modified, compiled and installed. Maybe someone with more programming experience can help you.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2010, 06:19 PM   #6
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
Working solution with minimal changes to the code: comment out the line popupmenu/src/dialog.c:7465 . This is in the method dialog_wait_show(...), call gtk_widget_show(dialog_wait).

I must say, now much better experience!
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:41 PM   #7
dlovely
Enthusiast
dlovely began at the beginning.

ya i always found this annoying too and never saw others complain about it. entirely too large and ugly looking. there must be substitute images that could be used and would look better or just a smaller version of the existing. some of my pdf's are quick while others pause during each page turn so i do notice it.
dlovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:19 AM   #8
bokjeid
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dima_tr View Post
Working solution with minimal changes to the code: comment out the line popupmenu/src/dialog.c:7465 . This is in the method dialog_wait_show(...), call gtk_widget_show(dialog_wait).

I must say, now much better experience!
At first, thanks so much for your advice!!
But I even don't know where to do that.. In fact, I've tried installing many various linux images on my PC for getting the DR1000S uds file in the past, but all of them didn't run properly.. Even installing is too hard for people like me
Anyway, there is no way to do that without installing linux? I'd like to try to do that but even installing is a big obstacle from the beginning;;;;
And in detail, I want to change the prepositive time of the loading window showing up, 1 second(1000ms) to 10 seconds.. not to turn it off utterly. Because rarely there come out not only a very long loading case but also a continually meaninglessly flickering light error on my DR800SG and I want to discriminate them
Old 08-22-2010, 12:49 PM   #9
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
Well, [so far] we have a collection of cross-compiling tools running only on Linux .. The best way for you would be to download VMWare Image already prepared for DR development. Then the very first step is done - no Linux installation is required. You would need downloading latest SDK and cross-compile suite (gcc etc) but that's another story which is not that difficult.

I'm not sure whether changing dialog_delay from 1sec to 10sec is the solution. I suspect that this is a period where *no* process indication is done = no green light, no dialog, nothing. But the idea of the thread is somewhat different.
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote