Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-27-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
Green1y1z
Green1y1z began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
DRM protected files...

Can Calibre convert a DRM protected file that I have "checked out" from my library? HELP!! I want to borrow books to read on my iPhone ebook reader Stanza. I'm not that savvy when it comes to technical things so keep is simple please Thanks for any help!!
Green1y1z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
No. To format shift a file you have to remove its DRM (encryption). Even if it is a DRMed ePub, you will need to remove its DRM to read it with Stanza.

See Adobe ADEPT DRM for EPUB circumvented, and note that Adobe PDF ebooks are similarly circumventable with tools from the same source.

It almost certainly isn't legal to strip the DRM from lending library ebooks, but if you delete the ebook within the lending period you are at least confirming to the intent of the rights management.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert