Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-28-2009, 02:48 PM   #1
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Sony 505 for $229 at Fry's

Just saw this--Fry's Electronics is currently selling the 505's for $229 both in store and on line:

Looks like right now they have the red and silver in stock.

http://www.frys.com/product/5748422

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #2
crazyTash
Enthusiast
crazyTash began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, eBookwise 1150
Thanks a lot for the heads up, dordale! Much appreciated!

Now if only they would let me order

Whenever I try to place my order, I get the following error:
"Invalid City, State, Zip Combination"

I'm very sure the address is right. I have ordered things online before...
I'm in Toronto, Canada. I don't know if that contributes to the problem.

Has anyone else encountered this problem before?

Thanks,
Natasha
crazyTash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2009, 09:59 PM   #3
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Some systems can be very particular. I remember one that would only accept an address after I changed it from Avenue to AVE. Also try the postal code without a space or vice versa. If this doesn't work try to phone in your order.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:59 PM   #4
crazyTash
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozennorth View Post
Some systems can be very particular. I remember one that would only accept an address after I changed it from Avenue to AVE. Also try the postal code without a space or vice versa. If this doesn't work try to phone in your order.
I tried a number of combinations before I gave up. This was yesterday. Since I was not successful in placing an order, I assumed that nothing would be charged to my card.
Today, my credit card company called me saying my card was used 14 times on the Fry's site (that's how many combinations I tried, I guess!). My card balance has dropped by about a few thousand! I called Fry's and they said the charge should drop off in a few days since they have no corresponding order.

Now to wait and keep an eye on my card balance! It's been quite an adventure...getting my hands on the PRS
Old 08-29-2009, 10:57 PM   #5
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Did they accept the order?
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2009, 12:06 AM   #6
crazyTash
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozennorth View Post
Did they accept the order?
The customer service guy told me that there was no order. The price hasn't been "officially" charged to my account. But the available balance is low...
I really don't get that. Even if they were just verifying the card number, they shouldn't "charge" it without confirmation. I've never had a problem with a site before. So I'm not sure if it's normal procedure...

Anyway, I managed to find the 505 at a local store. So I didn't end up buying from Fry's.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #7
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Thanks for bringing this to the attention of the forum. I recently lent my Jetbook to my wife to read while nursing, and she enjoyed it so much, she was very agreeable to getting a reader of her own... but she preferred eInk... So, since I want expandable memory, I decided to go with the 505 as opposed to the 300. It should arrive in the next couple of days.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:32 PM   #8
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks for the tip. I was checking it out and ended up buying another light wedge cover for $39.99 that was also on sale.

Angst is offline   Reply With Quote