Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-11-2018, 03:21 PM   #16
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Nice to hear.

I really don't understand the Aura Edition 2. It seems like Kobo would have been better off keeping the original Aura on the market
With the cold weather at this moment, to be able to read in the street without taking gloves away is a great advantage
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:02 PM   #17
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
With the cold weather at this moment, to be able to read in the street without taking gloves away is a great advantage
Maybe they should market that as a feature
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2018, 06:13 PM   #18
J_K
Enthusiast
J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: H2O 2, Aura 2, Clara HD, Touch
Though I'm almost certain that the Aura Edition 2 has a capacitive screen.

It certainly doesn't work like the IR screen of the Touch. You can use a plastic object, for example, on the Touch, but it does nothing on the Aura Edition 2.

The plastic bezel is very shallow on the Aura Edition 2 so I suspect there isn't room for IR.

Which does make me wonder why the H2O Edition 2 has the slightly darker screen and the grid which you can see at https://hd.tudocdn.net/677628?w=660&h=660 though it's not visible in normal usage. I wonder if that might be for the light? The Aura Edition 2 doesn't have this and the light isn't as even or smooth.
J_K is offline   Reply With Quote