Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-02-2017, 02:35 PM   #1
Kubu
Kubu began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision 4HD
Calibre 3.11.1 and collections on Tolino Vision 4HD

Hi,
I have a Tolino device I share within my family so I would like to create a collection per each family member.
So in my library in Calibre I'm using only 3 tags, one per each name.
In Preferences>Sending books to devices I've set up this string: {tags}/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
but I couldn't get the right solution as on Tolino I always get collections based on the author even if the tree structure seems to be correct (I see the right folders familyname\author\title-author) when connecting the USB cable.
Am I missing anything?

Can anyone please help?
Thank you
Kubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:27 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubu View Post
Hi,
I have a Tolino device I share within my family so I would like to create a collection per each family member.
In Preferences>Sending books to devices I've set up this string: {tags}/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
but I couldn't get the right solution as on Tolino I always get collections based on the author even if the tree structure seems to be correct (I see the right folders familyname\author\title-author) when connecting the USB cable.
Am I missing anything?

Can anyone please help?
Thank you
Does the Tolino use File names for its lbooklist?

Maybe you wan to use a Plugboard instead, which modifies internal metadata
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2017, 07:43 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Hi,
Am I missing anything?
I was sort of looking at this the other day, and I got the impression that you needed to start the template with "Shelf". But, with what you are seeing, maybe it is using the second level of the path to create collections.

I think the thread I was looking at was https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=280106.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:27 PM   #4
Kubu

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I was sort of looking at this the other day, and I got the impression that you needed to start the template with "Shelf". But, with what you are seeing, maybe it is using the second level of the path to create collections.

I think the thread I was looking at was https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=280106.
Actually I started from this post and I put "Shelf" as first level but had the same issue.
I'll give a try with Plugboard if I'll be able to understand how to use it...

Thanks
Old 11-08-2017, 04:26 PM   #5
Kubu

Quote:
Actually I started from this post and I put "Shelf" as first level but had the same issue.
I'll give a try with Plugboard if I'll be able to understand how to use it...

Thanks
I've found the solution thanks to user church mouse.
Basically Tolino does not accept more than two levels in the template so, under folder "Shelf" (=collections) I can only setup {tags}/{author_sort}{title}.
Advert