Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-26-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
dicknskip
Zealot
dicknskip began at the beginning.

Device: iPad V-3
Kubuntu - Calibre - iPad

I've been reading all over the various forums and I'm still unsure, and I'm not an Apple guru, so - with libmobiledev on Kubuntu 11.10/KDE 4.8/Calibre current, can I connect my iPad to Calibre and transfer epubs to iBooks? It's actually my wife's iPad so I don't want to chance turning it into a brick.

Thanks folks
dicknskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I have no idea. I'd suggest you use the calibre content server to get books to your ipad wirelessly instead. http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....-iphone-itouch
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
dicknskip
Zealot

I have set-up the server, as you suggested, and when I do the server test I get a browser screen directed to an ip address and port. When I try the browser on my wife's Mac or iPad, using the same ip and port, I get the message that the server cannot be contacted. I know that this port is open as I use it for Skype every day. I must have something set wrong, can you offer any thoughts? I have a D-Link wired/wireless router. My Kubuntu is wired and the Mac and iPad are wireless. Skype works on my wife's Mac so I assume she can reach the open port.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicknskip View Post
I have set-up the server, as you suggested, and when I do the server test I get a browser screen directed to an ip address and port. When I try the browser on my wife's Mac or iPad, using the same ip and port, I get the message that the server cannot be contacted. I know that this port is open as I use it for Skype every day. I must have something set wrong, can you offer any thoughts? I have a D-Link wired/wireless router. My Kubuntu is wired and the Mac and iPad are wireless. Skype works on my wife's Mac so I assume she can reach the open port.
This is an All in one AP/wired router (both are on the same subnet)?
192.168.x.y address format where X is the same on all involved devices (and Y is unique ).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #5
dicknskip
Zealot

It took a bit of searching to find the true value of "Y", but now that I have it, it works like a charm. A truely neat feature. Thanks all.
Advert
Old 01-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicknskip View Post
It took a bit of searching to find the true value of "Y", but now that I have it, it works like a charm. A truely neat feature. Thanks all.
ifconfig in a terminal

But if you are using this as a 'server', you might want to make the address appear/be static

Your DHCP server (probably your router) can be set to assign the same address to the device (MAC: shown in the ifconfig)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote