Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Took the PRO plunge, fellow rabid maniacs

I just used my $60 Gift Certificate toward the purchase of the white Pocket Pro. Cost after the Gift Certificate: $153.00, which included shipping. However, most of that was offset by $10 in Rewards Money to my account.

Let's hope I didn't buy a Turkey.

I'm now hoping for continued improvement in the three file formats that most interest me: Mobi, lit, and epub.

Additionally, let's hope for continued enhancements [fixes] of features that might not be working "quite right."

The item will be shipped to my father's house in Arkansas - a few hollows South, by gum, from Griffinwing's North 65 abode in Harrison [was that a trailer on stilts I saw on my recent visit to Fayetteville?] - and then shipped on to Peru, which may add another $30-40 to the shipping cost.

I should get this in about 3 weeks, I'm thinking.

Well, I need to tend my garden.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image001167.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	36846   Click image for larger version

Name:	image004419.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	36847  

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-03-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #2
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
Congrats Dr. Drib, I myself just got my replacement today and it looks brand sprankingly purple!
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:05 PM   #3
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Doc, you sure do love your readers.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:15 PM   #4
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Glad to hear you joined the PEZ Crowd, Doc!

My replacement is on its way. It left San Jose at midnight last night, arrived at Sacremento at 4:22am and left there at 6:25. Since there is a Fedex Freight company here in town (HUGE office facility and hub), I am thinking that it should arrive here by Wednesday.

And XerXes is right, this PEZ will make your already-impressive Device list even longer. Turcic might have to go into the forum settings and double the Device character limit!
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:36 PM   #5
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
When you are done in Peru, you could get an upscale place near your Dad...

Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:57 PM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
When you are done in Peru, you could get an upscale place near your Dad...

That looks like downtown Harrison!

Don
Old 10-03-2009, 11:25 PM   #7
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Actually, I wouldnt mind living in that luxury high-rize trailer park. But only the bankers and doctors can afford such extravagance.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:56 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Now where was it that I saw this architectural style. Hmmm, oh yea, it was a Mesa Verde, the only federal part in the US devoted to people.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:31 PM   #9
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Congrats! I'm loving mine.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:14 AM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Still awaiting word if my (White) Pocket Pro has been delivered to Arkansas (where it will be shipped to Peru by my father).

It was ordered from BooksOnBoard, Oct. 3. It's being shipped Ground, but who knows how long?

I took this "route" because I have some other things I've ordered, such as an Oberon over for my Kindle 2. I want everything shipped in one package.

I'm getting anxious to see how well it performs.

Don
Old 10-13-2009, 12:02 PM   #11
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
It was ordered from BooksOnBoard, Oct. 3. It's being shipped Ground, but who knows how long?
I'd think it'd be there by now. When I ordered my Opus from BoB ground shipping was Priority Mail and I got it really quick.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:27 PM   #12
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
May be wiaiting for re-stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I'd think it'd be there by now. When I ordered my Opus from BoB ground shipping was Priority Mail and I got it really quick.
Dear Dr. D:

BoB is trying to work out a restock from us right now. Maybe yours went when they still had some in stock (I hope). We have a ton in stock here at Astak!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Dr. D:

BoB is trying to work out a restock from us right now. Maybe yours went when they still had some in stock (I hope). We have a ton in stock here at Astak!
They show it as in stock on their website.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:51 AM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Hopefully, it may reach Arkansas today.

If it was on backorder, then I would hope BoB would have sent me an email.

I'll wait until the end of the day before I call my sister. If nothing, I'll then email BoB.

Don
Old 10-14-2009, 04:54 AM   #15
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Dr. D:

Well hopefully I get my replacement soon.

This feels like when I leave my cell phone at home. Sooooo painful. Like I'm missing a key part of me. Maybe it's cause it's new. Or maybe cause I just about like 9 new epub books and I'm ready to go to work. ^_^
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote