Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-10-2009, 11:43 PM   #1
alcina
alcina began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
problem with opening book on Kindle2

I have just tried to download a book from the library. I had Twilight from the library and it worked just fine. Now the new downloads aren't working and I get this message:
Quote:
The selected item could not be opened. Please use your computer to visit Amazon.com and click on "ManageYourKindle" on the the "your account" page for help in solving this issue
A friend has tried and tried and we can't find the answer. I am overseas at the moment and we first thought that it was a date issue, but I turned my wireless on and the Kindle 2 updated the time just fine (and took Twilight away as it was expired from the library).

The book is encoded with my PID and converted and this has been double checked.

Any help please!
alcina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Are you sure that you put the PID in quotes when you ran the script?
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
Are you sure that you put the PID in quotes when you ran the script?
I'm the friend who is actually doing the PID conversions, and I've never used quotes around the PID in the script. I converted another book, encoded with my PID, yesterday as well to check to make sure I wasn't making any conversion errors, and the one for my Kindle worked just fine. Just not Alcina's.
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #4
alcina

No one can help? It's a real downer not to be able to access these books!
Old 06-12-2009, 08:34 PM   #5
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
No one else has every reported such a problem. Usually the PID is wrong or the book is corrupted. Try a different book?
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2009, 08:43 PM   #6
alcina

We've tried three, I think

This just proves once again that I am jinxed.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:57 PM   #7
rhk
rhk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I ran into that issue with library books as well (two times in the 3 months I've had my k2), but once it started I couldn't get it to open any of the library books. I think both times I had to reset it to factory settings (?) to get it to work, then just copied the library books over to the k2 again and it worked. Scared the bejesus out of me the first time it happened, I thought I killed the Kindle.
rhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:53 PM   #8
alcina

I've tried doing that restart thing and no joy
Old 07-13-2009, 08:42 AM   #9
leovils
leovils began at the beginning.

Device: kinlde
I'm having the same problem. I'm overseas bought some books and only the first one can be read. The three others, when I try to open, the same message appears.
leovils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:46 AM   #10
leovils
leovils began at the beginning.

Device: kinlde
Even after reset does not work
leovils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:25 PM   #11
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
If you do not put the PID in quotes, I've seen it fail.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote