Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-23-2016, 04:39 PM   #1
karyoca
karyoca began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi (N647)
kobo glo win kobo glo HD screen

hello, first of all, sorry by my english, i'm from Spain.

Well, My kobo glo screen is broken and I have to buy a ED060XG1 to replace it, however I wonder if I can replace this with a kobo glo HD screen (ED060KG1). Connections look quite similar, so I wanna know if the ED060KG1 is compatible with my Kobo Glo.

thanks!
karyoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 05:48 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by karyoca View Post
hello, first of all, sorry by my english, i'm from Spain.

Well, My kobo glo screen is broken and I have to buy a ED060XG1 to replace it, however I wonder if I can replace this with a kobo glo HD screen (ED060KG1). Connections look quite similar, so I wanna know if the ED060KG1 is compatible with my Kobo Glo.

thanks!
Quick answer is no. The screen resolution is not the same.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2016, 05:09 PM   #3
Namenlos
Enthusiast
Namenlos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
If the connections and the rest fit (and have the same pinout) you could modify your software, compile your modified kernel and possibly get it to work. This is not guaranteed though and not really suited for just getting the glo to work again.
Namenlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 06:20 AM   #4
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Same question, but now for Aura HD with broken screen and Aura H2O replacement screen.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo screen replace