Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-16-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
J_F
J_F began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
Hi - from Ottawa (Canada)

I like gadgets, the more, the merrier

... as I grow old, I like big screens and light-weight, the more - and less - the merrier

j
J_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:21 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_F View Post

... as I grow old, I like big screens and light-weight, the more - and less - the merrier

j
Hello, J_F, and welcome to MobileRead.

You've come to the right place to find more info, friendly people, and free books! Enjoy.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2009, 05:33 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi J_F and welcome to the Forum. You'll find lots of kindred souls here.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:48 PM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:

j
Welcome! I wholeheartedly agree!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hello and welcome! What do you like to read on your 700?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2009, 08:08 AM   #6
J_F

originally I bought the ereader for all the work documents I have to carry when I travel (a lot of both: documents and travel) ... after 3 weeks I have a little of everything on it - novels, fiction, humour, professional stuff ... even comics

in 4 hours I will be someplace else attending a very boring 3 day seminar - my little wonder is loaded with the documents of the seminar and loads of logic puzzles
Old 02-20-2009, 08:42 AM   #7
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
and loads of logic puzzles
Oh, I like logic puzzles to kill a few hours...

Are these commercially available ones, roll your own version ones and/or public domain ones? I'd like to convert a few into ebooks.

If you like a century's old math amusements, check this post.

I have previously converted crosswords to ebooks, but alas most are copyrighted (or for my own use only) and cannot be freely distributed.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #8
J_F

I scan the puzzles into a pdf document. I don't know of any freebie to suggest.

Thanks for the suggestions nrapallo, greatly appreciated