njack26 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
6 inch Oasis $179

While they last on woot.com. Brand New.
njack26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 06:18 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by njack26 View Post
While they last on woot.com. Brand New.
Doesn't look they lasted long. I wasn't in the market for one, but that was a good deal.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2018, 07:11 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
That was still a terrible deal. Too expensive for what you get. What you get is one of the worst Reader designs. Even the 7" Oasis is a flawed design. Too thin so it doesn't fit a better battery.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:29 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That was still a terrible deal. Too expensive for what you get. What you get is one of the worst Reader designs. Even the 7" Oasis is a flawed design. Too thin so it doesn't fit a better battery.
Battery is in the Thick side. You don't need the cover with batteries BUT same life span.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:53 PM   #5
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:

I am not fond of the shape but I wish I did not sell my 6 inch one even tho I now have the 7 inch. The design feels better in the hands with a case on it especially the kind you snap it in. I think a 7 inch would have been better in the Voyage shape
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2018, 10:30 PM   #6
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, Voyage, iP4, iP6, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
... I think a 7 inch would have been better in the Voyage shape
I agree.
BeeTee-Ess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:36 PM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Okay ... it was a good deal for someone who wants one. I hope I'm not being too controversial.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:51 PM   #8
sirdave
sirdave began at the beginning.

Device: original Kindle, Kindle DX, Keyboard Kindle, Voyager, Oasis1
Quote:
Darn good deal, great reader design, cover off means thin design makes holding with one hand easy, cover on (just like I use all my other Kindles) means great battery life.
sirdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 04:54 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTee-Ess View Post
I agree.
Aka Kob Aura H2O at 6.8" or Kobo Aura One at 7.8".

But I do agree that the design of the new Oasis is not good and that a 7" Voyage would have been much better.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:01 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdave View Post
Darn good deal, great reader design, cover off means thin design makes holding with one hand easy, cover on (just like I use all my other Kindles) means great battery life.
There is such a thing as too thin to be comfortable to hold. When I take the case off of my iPhone, it becomes too thin to comfortably hold. This obsession with thinner needs to stop. We need thicker so we can have a better battery and make it easier to hold. The thinness is part of why I don't like the Oasis design.
Old 03-10-2018, 04:36 PM   #11
sirdave
sirdave began at the beginning.

Device: original Kindle, Kindle DX, Keyboard Kindle, Voyager, Oasis1
Quote:
There is such a thing as too thin to be comfortable to hold. When I take the case off of my iPhone, it becomes too thin to comfortably hold. This obsession with thinner needs to stop. We need thicker so we can have a better battery and make it easier to hold. The thinness is part of why I don't like the Oasis design.
If you want thicker there are other choices: the Paperwhite and Voyage. A lot of people want light and thin hence the Oasis 1&2. You apparently use your iPhone with the case on to make it thicker. Well, you can do that with the Oasis 1 and you get extra battery when you do so. What more could you want?
sirdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 05:22 PM   #12
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
So Use a Cover.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 05:27 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdave View Post
If you want thicker there are other choices: the Paperwhite and Voyage. A lot of people want light and thin hence the Oasis 1&2. You apparently use your iPhone with the case on to make it thicker. Well, you can do that with the Oasis 1 and you get extra battery when you do so. What more could you want?
The problem is that I feel that the KO1 is a terrible design. The KO2 is not as bad a design, but the battery used is not good enough.

A 7" Voyage of same thickness as the 6" Voyage would be good. That way it could have a much better battery and not be too thin.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:58 PM   #14
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
The Voyage is thinner I am pretty sure than both of my Oasis. I don't like thin devices at all, its why I love the Oasis. Because its not thin where it matters, where you hold it. The first kindle actually had the best design of any, but of course it was much heavier.

But just like the K1, the Oasis is ergonomic that its thicker on the side that fits in my hand. While my Voyage keeps slipping out of my hands because its so thin and because of where the buttons are and the super think bezel, I have nothing to grab on without cramping.

That was a great deal on the oasis 6 inch and I hope those that wanted one got to grab it. It didn't seem to last very long.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:55 PM   #15
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
I agree. It's kind of silly to squeeze every millimeter you can out of the width of a device, to the point where it becomes uncomfortable to hold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
So Use a Cover.
Which kind defeats the purpose of building device super thin. I've noticed this for years with iPhones and high-end Android smartphones. Super thin, big fat, protective case. Uh?