Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Netronix

Notices

Old 04-29-2016, 04:08 AM   #31
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Then the question will be "Can they deliver on their promise to install Android 5.0 on the device?"
That is what Onyx Boox/ereader-store.de is doing past 2 years. Talking about to move from ancient 2011 Android 4.0.4.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:37 AM   #32
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
That is what Onyx Boox/ereader-store.de is doing past 2 years. Talking about to move from ancient 2011 Android 4.0.4.
Talk is cheap. There may be some technical reasons why Android 5 would not be a good fit for an ereader. Haven't a clue.

But if they haven't been able to install a newer version of Android in the last two years, I'm guessing that the crowd at GoodEreader won't be able to either.

Interestingly, GoodEreader are now saying that Android 5.0 will be offered "an optional firmware update soon after we release the product."

Methinks that is code for "Never".

I wonder if it is even possible given that there are only 4GB of memory on the device and some of that will be consumed by the OS. How much space does Android 5.0 take up?
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2016, 01:06 PM   #33
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not only are the folks at Goodereader now saying that Android 5.0 will be offered as "an optional firmware update soon after we release the product", they have finally acknowledged in a response to a comment on their website that there will be no USB host controller system on their device, meaning that there will be no way to connect a USB keyboard to the device.

I wonder when they will get around to updating their Indiegogo campaign with this information...

Perhaps after the campaign has closed and there is no longer any danger of any more backers jumping ship?
Old 05-03-2016, 03:36 PM   #34
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Who cares? What functionality from Android 5 is required that makes any sense for an e-book reader? Android 5 will most probably run slower anyway.

On my mobile phones and tablets I am not really sure if I would recognize the differences between Android 4 and 5.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 04:31 PM   #35
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Who cares? What functionality from Android 5 is required that makes any sense for an e-book reader?
IIRC 5 has much better battery life overall than 4.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2016, 06:02 PM   #36
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Who cares? What functionality from Android 5 is required that makes any sense for an e-book reader?
Some apps require a newer version of Android. For example, OneNote apparently requires 4.1 or higher. However, in the specs for the device on offer, it states that it comes with 4.04. Thus, it wouldn't be able to run an app like OneNote.

They're touting the fact that their device runs Android and that users will be able to install apps. However, the version of Android on the device might not allow users to install the apps they want to run on the device.

Originally, they had promised that the devices would ship with Android 5 installed on them if they met their stretch goal. That goal has now been met, but it seems that the promised reward has shifted. I wonder how "soon" the "optional" update will become available after the devices ship.

A more cynical person might wonder if the "optional" update will ever materialize or if it was all just a ploy to drum up some more support.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:09 PM   #37
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Really happy to see this Indiegogo campaign has a great run with nearly 150 units.
It's so unfortunate Netronix omitted $5 Bluetooth chip.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 04:18 PM   #38
xtech
Zealot
xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony DPT-RP1, Ipad Pro
Quote:
Really happy to see this Indiegogo campaign has a great run with nearly 150 units.
It's so unfortunate Netronix omitted $5 Bluetooth chip.
Well, I wish this campaign to be successful. But I have strong doubts. The author of that campaign is also the author of similar 6 inch "ultimate e-reader" campaign, his has been collecting funds, and then two months ago we find the following feedback at the public "comment" section of that campaign.

"Hello there,

I received an email saying that you will no longer be producing the 6-inch e-reader and instead will be moving on to a larger 13.3-inch e-reader?

I actually wanted a small e-reader that was powered by android, so I could use the Moonreader app (and import all my notes/highlights from my smartphone).

A larger screen just doesn’t suit my purposes, nor is it worth the price imo.

So are you going to produce a limited run of 6-inch readers? Or are we looking at a refund here?"

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...ader#/comments

So, what would you think about 13.3 campaign after that?
xtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:09 PM   #39
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtech View Post
... So, what would you think about 13.3 campaign after that?
And over on their very own website, they have been very busy deleting a flurry of comments related to their campaign... The upshot of all that is that they will now be releasing an unedited video displaying the actual performance of their device on some key issues which a number of people have been asking about:

we will film unedited videos this Sunday and hopefully post them late Sunday, early Monday.

This is what we are going to show

1) Bootup
2) Showcase more of the drawing app
3) demonstrate edge to edge writing functionality
4) give you a sense of our new library screen
5) show you the pre-loaded apps we have on the unit such as ES FILE Explorer, Moon + Reader and EZPDF Reader
6) fire up said apps and show off reading
7) show you the stock PDF Reader and EPUB/MOBI Reader

It is very likely we will just film ONE video that shows us doing all of this in real time, with no edits.

http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...#disqus_thread

In regard to the recent lack of videos, they offered the excuse that this was because Peter was away in Japan for the last month, and Michael didn't have access to the film studio. Take a look at the videos which they have posted to date on this device. How many of them look like they were filmed inside a studio?

Please also notice when they state that this new video will be released: late Sunday or early Monday. Just as their campaign comes to a close. Coincidental timing? Or has it been purposely done so that any disappointed backers will be unable to request an automatic refund which is only possible before a campaign closes?

On another note, a few days ago, in response to a comment on their blog, they announced that they have submitted their order for 150 devices. However, it now seems that more than 150 devices have been claimed on their Indiegogo page. Hmmm...

Would such a campaign convince you to entrust such a large amount of your hard earned dollars to the organizers?

Mine are a little too hard come by to chance like that, but it seems that quite a number of others are willing to take the plunge. i guess we will soon be seeing whether or not their gamble paid off.

Last edited by Question Mark; 05-11-2016 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:42 PM   #40
xtech
Zealot
xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony DPT-RP1, Ipad Pro
Quote:
i guess we will soon be seeing whether or not their gamble paid off.
Again, I wish them to fulfill their obligations, and will be glad about it. But that's strange that the indiegogo policy allows to publish new campaigns, despite the fact that the creator of the previous campaign obviously did not comply with his own promises, and now offers, at least, some of his backers to buy something else instead of what they origionally subscribed to.

Is it not a cheating? Correct me if I do not know some details.
xtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:23 PM   #41
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtech View Post
Again, I wish them to fulfill their obligations, and will be glad about it. But that's strange that the indiegogo policy allows to publish new campaigns, despite the fact that the creator of the previous campaign obviously did not comply with his own promises, and now offers, at least, some of his backers to buy something else instead of what they origionally subscribed to.

Is it not a cheating? Correct me if I do not know some details.
Cheating? Not necessarily. It depends what actually happened.

I'm not exactly sure what the outcome was for backers of their failed campaign. I believe that they were offered a discount on the 13" device and some appear to have accepted that.

However, I don't know what happened for those who didn't accept the discounted offer on the 13" ereader. Were they refunded their money or offered a 6" inch device? Or did they just lose their money?

Perhaps they did the right thing by their previous supporters. It would be nice to know. It would help to reassure potential backers for this campaign.

Unfortunately, instead of attempting to reassure potential backers on this issue, Michael was evasive when directly questioned about it. Not a good way to run a campaign, I wouldn't have thought. However, they have now "sold" over 150 devices. Which is really quite incredible given the mediocre specs on this device and their questionable reputation.

Imagine how many more devices they might have been able to sell if they had been upfront about what happened to their previous supporters (assuming, of course, that they did the right thing). Had they done that and run a more transparent campaign, they might have even been able to meet the 500 unit threshold required to make hardware changes. There is certainly a lot of interest in such devices.

Oh well, I will be interested to see the unedited video. I truly hope that their backers will be pleased with what they have signed up for.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:44 AM   #42
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
I truly hope that their backers will be pleased with what they have signed up for.
Well, surprise, surprise. The device did actually get made and a number of the units have already been shipped out and received.

A few initial reviews have already been posted on the Indiegogo campaign page and the results are rather as expected. The mediocre specs seem to be living up to their limitations.

And, curiously, comments asking about refunds are getting deleted. Hmm... Not sure about all, but some have been from backers who have not yet received their devices and who seem to be disappointed by the initial reviews coming out.

Glad I saved my money. But, hopefully, a more reputable company will take notice of the substantial interest in such a large ereader and put out a more reliable/functional device. Fingers crossed.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:56 PM   #43
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
A few initial reviews have already been posted on the Indiegogo campaign page and the results are rather as expected. The mediocre specs seem to be living up to their limitations.
I cannot find any user review I have learned about this device just recently so am I too late? Did they deleted the user reviews?

I am considering to buy Onyxboox Max, that's how I have found the indiegogo campain. I was eager to see a user review of the device as the videos made for indiegogo are heavily edited so they do not help me to decide.
Apart from the initial performance doubt I have started thinking about:
1. warrnaty
2. post waranty support - firmware updates, battery replacement, new stylus.

I have 6 years old PocketBook and I recently asked the support about battery replacement - 20$ and I have a new battery Will I be so lucky with the indiegogo reader?
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 01:28 PM   #44
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
I cannot find any user review I have learned about this device just recently so am I too late? Did they deleted the user reviews?
Below are most of the comments which I noticed on the Indiegogo page and which still seem to be there:

Quote:
kkeil75 6 days ago
To those who have already received the Good e-Reader 13.3, have you installed the Amazon Kindle e-reader app? Initially, I downloaded the app from the Good-e-Reader for E-Ink App Store (default library on e reader) and tried to install it. It gave an error saying it had a problem parsing the package. Despite deleting, re-downloading and installing the app, the same error came up. Deleted the download and tried the app from the Google store. Same problem! What did you do? Thanks!

kkeil75 5 days ago
This is an Android software situation, not a flaw of the e-reader. I'm new to the actual Android software, having only the special Kindle tablets version of Android which did not have this. Many Android bugs have been fixed over the years. The information addressing this problem is all new to me. I wondered if others were encountering this situation for this particular reader app (to gather info for a bigger view.) I'm the flaw. (ha,ha)

kkeil75 19 days ago
I agree heartily about having a forum to fix some bugs, like not all books, documents or user-installed apps were saved to the MicroSD card.
I agree about having a forum somewhere to fix bugs, issues and enhance with other things. Even though I work in software development, Android software is not my forte. I got spoiled with the software support for Amazon’s ereader/tablets products.
Peter Carotenuto Campaigner 17 days ago
we will see if we can do something about that

kkeil75 17 days ago
Thank you, Peter, for your reply to my comments regarding a forum and also your tip in someone else's message about using the ES FILE EXPLORER FILE MANAGER to install an app on the SD micro card. I had trouble trying to install the Kindle Reader app and could see the completed file unload in the Good E Reader's e-reader internal storage using the ES file manager, but never thought about moving the file to the SD micro card and then install it.

kkeil75 19 days ago
I tried the software upgrade and crashed. Upon inspection of the error message document, it appears the update was already installed.

kkeil75 19 days ago
Error report : Time: 2017-01-21 08:00:59 Error Report collected on: Sat Jan 21 08:00:59 MST 2017 Informations: Locale en_US Version: 1.4 Package: com.good.ereader.eink Phone Model: ED0Q02 Android Version: 4.0.4 Board: EVK Brand: Netronix Device: ED0Q02 Host: Daniel-UX31E id: UNKNOWN Model: ED0Q02 Product Type: eng Total Internal memory: 519925760 Available Internal memory 8749056 Stack: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.app.store.fragment.HomeFragment$2.run(HomeFrag ment.java:172)

kkeil75 19 days ago
It's possible that the software update did get installed and was not already installed and incurred the error report for other reasons.

Jon Lusty 20 days ago
Calibre sees the 32GB MicroSD but can’t write books to it. Lovely.

Peter Carotenuto Campaigner 17 days ago
have you tried putting books on it using the SD in your computer or an SD card adapter, and THEN putting it in your 13.3?

Thomas Ally 20 days ago
@John Lusty – The updating firmware problem was already mentioned as a bug when I was the only one reporting in with my experiences.
A community forum would be great for us users as I know someone who had a kickstarter I was on made a private invite only group on Facebook for people that pledged to his kickstarter as it is simple and easy to manage and private means that it should cut down on people who come in groups and talk trash without any knowledge of stuff.

Thomas Ally 20 days ago
Of course a dedicated forum on GoodEreader would be good too as it would not just be a place to report bugs but give everyone a chance to share experiences since I know not everyone wants to get a Facebook account due to one issue or another.

Jon Lusty 21 days ago
Can’t get Pocket to store downloaded content on the MicroSD card, insists on using the handful of MB known as “internal storage”.

Jon Lusty 21 days ago
I received the eReader in the mail on Thursday, 1/19. Very fun to start playing with! There are a couple problems though and I’m wondering where you’d like us to submit bug reports? e.g. can’t connect to a wifi unless the SSID is visible, trying to do a firmware upgrade errors with ’Can not connect to file server!", etc.

Gary Lea 23 days ago
My reader and an accessories pkg. were each delivered yesterday, one week after a tracking no. containing email. 13.3 is exactly the same height/width as Sony DPT-S1 but not as thick. Nice rubbery finish on back; easier to hold than Sony. Response is quick! Yes, slightly more latency than the Sony, but scribbling notes means staying between the lines, not watching each stroke appear. The ComiXology app that I downloaded has a Guided View feature that eliminates the need to pinch zoom.

Thomas Ally 28 days ago
Philippe – I tried opening the Google Playstore but only got to the sign in screen and when i hit the button to sign in the playstore said the android settings were crashing so I loaded the Good Ereader store and downloaded the comixology app and when loggin in I used my amazon account and noticed with that app I had to type in my user name and password blindly as the app would not show them when typing them in. I was able to touch the boxes with the stylus to make them show up after I typed
Thomas Ally 28 days ago
them in. Comixology works but is dark schemed so may be hard to see. Also due to color schemes on apps some screens show up really dark. I have not adjusted default brightness. After getting comixology to work through the good ereader store I tried the google playstore again and it actually worked so I guess it was updated when I loaded an app off the Good Ereader store. The Good Ereader store looks nice on the ereader as well but takes time to load all the graphics.

Thomas Ally 28 days ago
Went back to Comixology app and tried reading my first comic with it and said to double tap the screen to use guided view and that is working fine. Going to load kindle reader and nook reader from google playstore to see how well those look. Went to about reader in settings to check for firmware updates and it says additional system updates and when i try it the update server must not be ready yet as it's asking for a url instead. Android version is 4.0.4 at the moment

Thomas Ally 28 days ago
By the way, I am not sure if this is important to get the playstore to work but when I installed the comixology app , there were 2 options to pick from during installation and I picked the playstore icon. Installing the amazon app from the playstore I had a weird message saying no more room on screen for app. Also when the kindle app was run from the playstore the screen went dark for a moment and I panicked and went to restart it but then it asked for username and password.

Thomas Ally 28 days ago
The Google Playstore kindle app gave me the same problems with the username and password as the comixology app and touching the boxes showed the user name fine. The app used a dark screen with black text to show the password so you really have to squint and look close at the screen to see it with the colors the app uses. Also the app is slow after getting the right user name and password as I thought I typed it wrong again but it accepted it. Downloading bar shows up nicely when downloading a

Thomas Ally 28 days ago
a comic with the kindle app. Comic reading is nice with the app. Noticed that after I opened a comic with the kindle app it showed up in the Users menu with no cover a long with the Alice in WonderLand book that was with the ereader. Nook app had no trouble entering password or login info. If you want a lean machine , you may want to stick with downloading apps from the Good Ereader store since the Google Playstore loads a lot of services in precious memory. Also you usually receive a no room on

Thomas Ally 28 days ago
screen when trying to install from the Google Playstore. Also memory is precious as a few times while downloading from the play store it said my ereader did not have the room to install the app and was probably meaning room in memory due to the services the google play store has running after it installed the services. That is probably why the ereader is best used with the Good Ereader store unless you have some sort of registered program you can only get with the playstore.

Thomas Ally 28 days ago
Will have to dive in to it more tomorrow as I am tired and I am sure others will probably get their devices as well today and report in or post to the Good Ereader facebook page. Some apps work better with the ereader then others as dark schemed apps are really hard to use with it and the brightness to turn those apps up keep those dark apps too dark for many people to probably want to keep using it. The Amazon apps in example are using dark schemes in them in many places so they work but could

Thomas Ally 28 days ago
be better. The comics I read were pretty easy to read with the apps I tried. Space was an issue, as I saw a few times it said I did not have room to install the app and I may be wrong , but my guess is it's downloading apps in to the memory instead of the storage area and that may be why it was running out of memory as I did check the file download size and saw I had room both on the devices memory storage as well as my 32 gb memory card and it was still happening.

Thomas Ally 28 days ago
One other thing , the first time you pop in a formatted 32 gb card in it and reboot it expect a delay while it mounts the card and does it stuff as I was not expecting this and thought it was frozen since I was not used to that so I just wanted to warn folks. I am off to rest as I will check in tomorrow to see if anyone else has checked in with any they may have gotten today and ran through some tests with it.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:26 AM   #45
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Below are most of the comments which I noticed on the Indiegogo page and which still seem to be there:
Thank you very much! Indeed I have overlooked most of it. Those comments does not satisfy my curiosity but they are useful.

I have been doing some research about the specs. Ice Cream Sandwich, which comes with the device, should leave about 300 MB RAM for apps out of 512MB onboard - the rest goes to kernel and the android OS itself. Now the 300MB should be enough to open ebook or PDF. However multitasking (like scribbling with the pen) is probably too much for that spec. Newer versions of Android reserve more RAM for itself so I seriously doubt the GoodEreader can be upgraded to modern android.

Those few comments makes me feel that indeed the device is slow but can do the basic things, i.e. open any kind of book. I wonder if it's due to unoptimized reference software or just hard specs limitation.

Nonetheless I will not risk buying it. I have made my mind to buy Onyx.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goodereader bad