Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-14-2008, 08:50 PM   #1
Dean
Dean began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Hello from Ottawa, Canada

Good day all,
I am an avid book reader that had followed the development of the ebook, and once the e-ink had been adopted by the various companies decided to buy into the new hardware. I found useful information here (thanks to you folks) and on Wikidpedia under "ebook matrix".

My plan is to use the PRS-505 to store and read pdf or txt papers (I am presently a PhD candidate). I have been using my laptop to date while trying to avoid printing out kilograms of paper. Moving from 6lbs to 10 ozs is ideal for me.

Of interest to me of course is the various conversion softwares. I am presently using calibre (again thank-you). I am looking at other developments so that I do not lose the images / tables in the documents.

I am interested if anyone has AB'd the Kindle and the Sony. I want to better inform my brother. So far I enjoy the Sony. It fits my hand, and I can walk and read at the same time.

Dean, from Ottawa
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:47 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Dean and welcome to the Forum. I got a 505 back in January and like it a lot. Enjoy!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2008, 08:25 PM   #3
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings, eh! Welcome to the forum!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:55 AM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Dean
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote