Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-17-2018, 06:32 AM   #16
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
It seemed to be any book. I mainly use epubs. Happened at most a few times per book, seemingly at random and either not all books or I didn't notice it sometimes. Hard to reproduce. It depended on the font and font size used and margins and so on. Change anything and the page breaks move and the error goes away. Or perhaps move to some other page break. That was how I fixed it when I noticed it while reading. I did something that moved the page breaks, like change font size.

So even if I sent you a book, where it happened, I doubt that you could reproduce it on demand unless you use the exact same reader, font, font size, indentations, margins and so on...
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:22 AM   #17
foobnix
Connoisseur
foobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it is

Device: Librera PRO - 50% OFF - Black Friday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
So even if I sent you a book, where it happened, I doubt that you could reproduce it on demand unless you use the exact same reader, font, font size, indentations, margins and so on...
Please use the latest version on Librera, test with the latest update (released few days ago) if the problem still exist I need the book to see it source, CSS, html and other to understand why the problem appear and how to fix it.
Thank you.
foobnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:17 AM   #18
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
I understand. However I can't help you. I no longer have Librera Pro installed. That was my way of fixing the problem. Sorry...
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:13 AM   #19
foobnix
Connoisseur
foobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it is

Librera Reader 7.11.31

A major update based on readers feedback
Fast read mode (RSVP) for all formats and PDF
Selecting text with start and end markers
Text selection and search in DjVu documents
Folders with images can be opened like a book
Option to change the status bar position (Top or Bottom) in Book mode
Bookmarks are now linked to reading progress percentage values

librera.mobi/wiki/what-is-new/7.11
Old 11-22-2018, 08:23 AM   #20
foobnix
Connoisseur

Do not miss the big discount on the Librera PRO in Black Friday 2018
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pro.pdf.reader
Old 11-22-2018, 08:51 AM   #21
orebmur
Veteran Linux user
orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue Likebook Note & Mimas, Hisense A5, hopefully soon a PineNote
Librera is excellent and i would love to support your work with some monetary reward. But using Google's spyware on any of my devices is definitely out of question.

Please let us know an alternate means how to let you receive the benefits you certainly deserve to reap for your impressive work.
orebmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 09:23 AM   #22
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Question Librera and Calibre Compatibility

Hello:

I'm considering to purchase an Android e-reader like Boyue Likebook Mars to use it with Librera.

In order to make an informed purchase, I'm gathering information on such devices and the apps the may run, and Librera came to my attention, so I'm exploring the software features and it use related to my Calibre library.

If I download / sync a folder on the e-reader device with my Calibre library, what are the ebook (title, author, series) or calibre (collection) metadata supported by Librera?

Also, I found an e-paper edition of Librera. Does it support the same features of the "regular" found on Google Play?

Awaiting your kind reply,

[INCANUS]
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:05 AM   #23
foobnix
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incanus View Post
If I download / sync a folder on the e-reader device with my Calibre library, what are the ebook (title, author, series) or calibre (collection) metadata supported by Librera?

Also, I found an e-paper edition of Librera. Does it support the same features of the "regular" found on Google Play?
Yes, Librera Reader supports and display all meta information from the book and even more, it supports Calibre metadata.opf and cover.

E-paper edition (not supported now) it's the same as theme "Ink" in the regular Librera Reader app.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:34 PM   #24
Incanus
Incanus

Question Librera Search on Calibre Metadata

Quote:
Originally Posted by foobnix View Post
Yes, Librera Reader supports and display all meta information from the book and even more, it supports Calibre metadata.opf and cover.

E-paper edition (not supported now) it's the same as theme "Ink" in the regular Librera Reader app.
Excelent! Thanks for your prompt and complete reply.

Does it also allows to search by said metadata: collections, series, genre?

Awaiting your kind reply,

[INCANUS]
Old 01-03-2019, 10:24 AM   #25
foobnix
Connoisseur

Quote:
Does it also allows to search by said metadata: collections, series, genre?
Yes of course
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-2019-01-03-17-23-14.png
Views:	470
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	168813   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-2019-01-03-17-22-38.png
Views:	403
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	168814  
Old 01-03-2019, 12:55 PM   #26
Incanus
Incanus

Again, thanks for your promt reply.

The above example applies for Genre and Series metadata. Is there a way to configure your software to use the Calibre Collection metadata?

Thanks in advance,

[INCANUS]

Last edited by Incanus; 01-03-2019 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:40 PM   #27
foobnix
Connoisseur

Quote:
Is there a way to configure your software to use the Calibre Collection metadata?
I can't clearly understand your question.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:34 AM   #28
Incanus
Incanus

Quote:
I can't clearly understand your question.
Allow me to explain.

The screenshots you provided show your app searching using series or genre metadata, both obtainable from the .opf file that Calibre supplies for each ebook in it's library.

Also, in said .opf file is a Collection metadata that is maintained in Calibre, along with the rest of the ebook's metadata: title, author, series / series index, genre and tags.

So, the question is: can I configure the app to use the Calibre Collection metadata stored in each ebook .opf file?

Thanks in advance,

[INCANUS]
Old 01-04-2019, 07:58 AM   #29
Incanus
Incanus

Thumbs up Already on Librera PRO

Quote:
Do not miss the big discount on the Librera PRO in Black Friday 2018
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pro.pdf.reader
I'm currently on the pro version, testing its features and it's integration with Calibre.

It's a bountiful app: plenty of reading and library features with a very nice price.

[INCANUS]
Old 02-06-2019, 07:16 AM   #30
Rogerh
Rogerh began at the beginning.

Device: none
I've been trying Librera Pro and quite like it, however is there a way to get rid of the bookmark icon/button that is near the top right of the page? Have looked in all settings but I am stumped.
Rogerh is offline   Reply With Quote