Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 07:44 PM   #61
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope View Post
Muchas gracias Davidof, pero la tarjeta SD no responde a nada. Necesitaria preparar una tajeta nueva y cargar la imagen. y no tengo ni idea, si alguien puede orientarme le esyaria muy agradecido.
Google translate gives:

Quote:
Thank you very much Davidof, but the SD card is not responding to anything. You will need to prepare a new card and upload the image. and I have no idea, if someone can guide me I would be very grateful.
I think you mean you do not understand how to use the image. What you need to do is to write the image to the SD card. There are instructions in Memory Upgrade Mod Guide but it might be better to look for Spanish instructions for burning an image to an SD card.

Also, I would recommend using a new card. The current one might be failing and that could be the cause of the problem you are seeing.
Old 05-04-2021, 04:10 AM   #62
juvenal
juvenal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi David, I have a Kobo Glo and it is completely stuck. I think the SD card is corrupted (I removed it and I can't open the file directory on the PC) and I have to replace it. Could you please provide me with an image for the Kobo Glo? Thanks for your help in advance!
Advert
Old 05-04-2021, 04:58 AM   #63
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 05-17-2021, 06:23 AM   #64
Grüner
Grüner began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hello David,

My Kobo Aura (1st generation) is stucked in a neverending loop :
- Reset screen
- screen requesting to plug it to a computer
-> when i do, the Kobo is not detected by the computer but i m back on the reset screen.

I d like to try to reset it with a SD Card if possible but i would need the image or a similar image (i ve read there is no image really for this generation).

Happy to experiment any ideas you may have.

THanks
Old 05-21-2021, 02:17 AM   #65
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grüner View Post
Hello David,

My Kobo Aura (1st generation) is stucked in a neverending loop :
- Reset screen
- screen requesting to plug it to a computer
-> when i do, the Kobo is not detected by the computer but i m back on the reset screen.

I d like to try to reset it with a SD Card if possible but i would need the image or a similar image (i ve read there is no image really for this generation).

Happy to experiment any ideas you may have.
There is no image for the Aura. It has fixed internal storage and no way to create one or restore it to a non-working device. Some people have successfully booted using an Aura H2O image on a card in the external SD slot. Beyond that, I don't know what they do with it. I have sent you a PM with the link to the Aura H2O image.
Advert
Old 06-09-2021, 03:31 PM   #66
svetsch
svetsch began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi,

I have a Kobo Aura HD which seems locked. On power up, the device is blinking but is unable to boot properly. I have tried a factory reset, but the device is not recognized when connected to a PC.

Could someone send me an image of the internal SD card in order to try this last fix ?

Thank you very much in advance,
Old 06-09-2021, 07:59 PM   #67
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by svetsch View Post
Hi,
I have tried a factory reset, but the device is not recognized when connected to a PC.
I'm not sure what this means. Either the factory worked, or it didn't. The PC is not involved in doing a factory reset for an Aura HD. If the factory reset did not work, the PC won't see the device. And if the factory reset worked, and you can start the setup, if the PC won't see the device when connected, then it suggests another problem.

The method for doing a manual factory is the same as for the Glo: https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...-your-Kobo-Glo. But, for step 1, you probably won't see the powered off screen. Holding the power button down for about 20 seconds will ensure the device is off.
Old 06-12-2021, 02:28 PM   #68
ha0tyk
ha0tyk began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
hello! i desperate need kobo aura hd sd card image.
kobo aura HD cant boot and can't reset the device. the screen is all white.
please help.
Thank you verry much!
Old 06-13-2021, 02:00 AM   #69
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-02-2021, 02:51 AM   #70
razermaul
razermaul began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura
Hi David, can I trouble you to send me the Aura H2O image as well? Appreciate it, cheers.
Old 07-02-2021, 03:02 AM   #71
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-13-2021, 01:00 PM   #72
Tomy0804
Tomy0804 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura hd
Hello, is it possible to send me a Kobo Aura Hd image (model N204B) please? Thank you
Old 07-13-2021, 08:13 PM   #73
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:14 PM   #74
HazMatt805
HazMatt805 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
I'm sorry if this thread is slightly old. I have a Kobo Aura H2O (Edition 1) & it is bricked. Can someone send me an SD image to fix this? I have tried both ways it says to reset it, I cannot do anything with the screen. It stays white with a black stripe, when I use the pin I get pinstripes on half the screen for a fraction of a second, that is all. Happened while trying to install Nickel. Thanks!
Old 08-25-2021, 07:05 AM   #75
stalkercdma
stalkercdma began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Do you have Kobo aura HD SD card image?Please give me one copy,THANKS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Yes, the Aura HD is model N204B. My comment was to confirm it was the right device.

With those symptoms, restoring the image is a good idea. And a new SD card might be needed.
Do you have Kobo aura HD SD card image?Please give me one copy,THANKS!!!
Closed Thread