Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-20-2022, 11:30 PM   #1
StephenQueen
Enthusiast
StephenQueen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T2
Crash log in home screen

Just installed KOReader in a pocketbook touch hd 3, It works nice , but each time I suspend the pocketbook, when it awakes again, there is a crash log when there sould be the last read book, if I don't delete it, next time there are two, one in the last ebook read and one in the next... and so on, not too much annoying, but would be nice to get rid of it.
StephenQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 05:13 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenQueen View Post
Just installed KOReader in a pocketbook touch hd 3, It works nice , but each time I suspend the pocketbook, when it awakes again, there is a crash log when there sould be the last read book, if I don't delete it, next time there are two, one in the last ebook read and one in the next... and so on, not too much annoying, but would be nice to get rid of it.
We did try to tell you that you'd be better off with Kobo. But you would not listen and now you have these problems that you would not otherwise have.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 06:28 AM   #3
StephenQueen
Enthusiast

Koreader doesn't crashes, crashes on exit. and I'm very very happy with pocketbook and koreader It's only an issue in which it refuses to exit politely, and it leaves an error log...
halve Live using linux has shown me that aesthetic affairs are not so important.

I have a kobo too at home. What is the easy way to install koreader on it?, I'll give it a try...
but I suspect It would have some other glitch anyway.

Last edited by StephenQueen; 01-21-2022 at 06:33 AM.
Old 01-21-2022, 06:29 AM   #4
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Device->Associate file extensions-> Uncheck .log files.

Crash.log is still there (inside ko folder) but won't be shown on your launcher.

Last edited by pazos; 01-21-2022 at 06:31 AM.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 06:36 AM   #5
StephenQueen
Enthusiast

ofcourse, I know, it's only a piece of text that should be somewhere I haven't investigated, Idon't want to remove them in case somebody asks for them to solve the issue.
Old 01-21-2022, 06:40 AM   #6
StephenQueen
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Device->Associate file extensions-> Uncheck .log files.

Crash.log is still there (inside ko folder) but won't be shown on your launcher.
wait, what does uncheck .log files mean?
is it the location where they are stored?
Or yo are recomendinding me to uncheck something for koreader stop logging?
Old 01-21-2022, 06:48 AM   #7
StephenQueen
Enthusiast

Ohh I see, it's inside koreader settings.
thank you very much!, now I got rid of it
Old 01-21-2022, 03:40 PM   #8
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
"crash.log" is just a name for the text file where we store app logs. It should be almost empty unless you enabled verbose logs or you got a crash.

".log" is also an extension that KOReader can understand and render. That's why it is enumerated as a file extension to associate with the program.

If you associated all extensions with KO you'll get the crash.log on your home, just like any other supported document.

Removing the association will remove the document from home, because it is not part of the registered extensions the PB FW deals with.

TL;DR: we should change instructions in https://github.com/koreader/koreader...etBook-devices and recommend to associate the file extensions the user wish to open in the app, not all of them.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote