Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-14-2022, 11:07 AM   #1
pgilster
Connoisseur
pgilster can teach chickens to fly.pgilster can teach chickens to fly.pgilster can teach chickens to fly.pgilster can teach chickens to fly.pgilster can teach chickens to fly.pgilster can teach chickens to fly.pgilster can teach chickens to fly.pgilster can teach chickens to fly.pgilster can teach chickens to fly.pgilster can teach chickens to fly.pgilster can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Aura One; Kobo Forma; Kindle Oasis 3
Koreader Refuses to Wake Up

I love Koreader, but lately I can't get it to wake up when I open my Forma's cover. It's the standard Kobo cover. I keep fiddling with settings but to no avail. Can anyone tell me what switch to throw to get Koreader to come alive after being asleep overnight? Thanks.
pgilster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 11:21 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
As I remember it, there can be separate timers set for how long a period of inactivity triggers sleep and poweroff. Perhaps the sleep allows the poweroff timer to run?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 12:31 PM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Although at least by default there'll be a message saying what's what.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 10:58 AM   #4
pgilster
Connoisseur
pgilster can teach chickens to fly.pgilster can teach chickens to fly.pgilster can teach chickens to fly.pgilster can teach chickens to fly.pgilster can teach chickens to fly.pgilster can teach chickens to fly.pgilster can teach chickens to fly.pgilster can teach chickens to fly.pgilster can teach chickens to fly.pgilster can teach chickens to fly.pgilster can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
As I remember it, there can be separate timers set for how long a period of inactivity triggers sleep and poweroff. Perhaps the sleep allows the poweroff timer to run?
I think you're right, Ken. At least I think that's what's happening. When I try to turn off the option to do a complete shutdown, the software seems to ignore my unchecking of the box, and puts the checkmark right back in it next time. Somehow my changes aren't being save
Old 01-15-2022, 02:09 PM   #5
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Pardon, what is it you do exactly?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 10:38 AM   #6
pgilster
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Pardon, what is it you do exactly?
Hard to explain, because the Koreader menus are complicated to navigate through, though obviously powerful. What I was doing was going to the Device item on the menus, clicking on it to reveal the options "Autosuspend timeout" and "Autoshutdown timeout". I thought they might have been causing my device to fail to come to life when I opened the Kobo cover. And even when I removed the checkmarks by these items, they always were back when I would return to that menu.

Oddly, they are still there this morning, but this morning the device woke up exactly as advertised. The only difference was that I changed the wakeup from happening on a tap to happening after 15 seconds. And that seems to have worked.
Old 01-16-2022, 12:05 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That all sounds to me like you'd actually set a low-ish auto shutdown, it did just that, and you failed to notice the "Powered off" tag in the top right corner of the sleep screen .

Barring that, SleepCover magnet issues are always a great source of confusion .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 11:12 AM   #8
pgilster
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
That all sounds to me like you'd actually set a low-ish auto shutdown, it did just that, and you failed to notice the "Powered off" tag in the top right corner of the sleep screen .

Barring that, SleepCover magnet issues are always a great source of confusion .
No, I saw the Powered Off tag. But I have been trying to get it not to shut down; I simply want the Forma to go to sleep, so I don't have to use that infernal power button to wake it back up. I'll keep exploring the menus to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Other than that, Koreader has been a treasure.
Old 01-17-2022, 04:38 PM   #9
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
The same plugin handles suspend and poweroff. You cannot enable one without enabling the other.

So you have two options:

1. Disable the plugin entirely and send your device to sleep manually or with a cover.
2. Enable the plugin and setup the number of hours before shutdown to a high number. Default is 72h, which is a lot if you often use your ereader, but you can raise the hour to say a week (168).

If you go with 2. remember that a long press on buttons will increment/decrement the counter 24h, instead of tapping 24x the button.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 11:23 AM   #10
pgilster
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
The same plugin handles suspend and poweroff. You cannot enable one without enabling the other.

So you have two options:

1. Disable the plugin entirely and send your device to sleep manually or with a cover.
2. Enable the plugin and setup the number of hours before shutdown to a high number. Default is 72h, which is a lot if you often use your ereader, but you can raise the hour to say a week (168).

If you go with 2. remember that a long press on buttons will increment/decrement the counter 24h, instead of tapping 24x the button.
Good advice! Thanks. I'll give #2 a try.