Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-05-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
KPeoples
KPeoples began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Kobo on Android

Anyone else have Kobo on their Android? Works just like the Application online. I love it because I can get the books I ordered on my phone just in case I forget to bring my Kobo eReader.
KPeoples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #2
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I've got it on my PDN. What I really like, though, is the Kindle for Android apk.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
I've got it on my PDN. What I really like, though, is the Kindle for Android apk.

Thanks to Xanthe, I have the apk on my PDN for Kobo and Kindle. I haven't used the Kobo app yet, but the Kindle works great and downloads books quickly.

bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:29 AM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I've successfully downloaded and installed kobo reader app on my HTC Desire HD smartphone running Android Gingerbread.

The app immediately started to download all of my purchased ebooks from Kobo. Is this normal?

After downloading a few ebooks I stopped all remaining downloads.

How do I remove the ebooks (I've already read most of them) from my phone? If I do a long press I get the option to delete the ebook, and get "Are you sure you want to remove this item from your library?". Will this remove the item from my phone yet keep it in my Kobo account for future re-download?
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I've successfully downloaded and installed kobo reader app on my HTC Desire HD smartphone running Android Gingerbread.

The app immediately started to download all of my purchased ebooks from Kobo. Is this normal?

After downloading a few ebooks I stopped all remaining downloads.

How do I remove the ebooks (I've already read most of them) from my phone? If I do a long press I get the option to delete the ebook, and get "Are you sure you want to remove this item from your library?". Will this remove the item from my phone yet keep it in my Kobo account for future re-download?
Nevermind. I searched the help on the kobo site and used the following instructions, which worked exactly like they said it would.
Quote:
Removing books from your Kobo account

Note: Removing books using the next few steps does not delete them permanently from your Kobo account — this process essentially takes the books out of 'circulation', so that they won't download automatically to your Kobo reading apps or Kobo eReader when you update your library. Your books will continue to be listed on your My Purchases page in your kobo.com account.

To remove books from circulation:

Visit http://www.kobo.com and sign in to your Kobo account,
Click the Library link near the top of the page to go to your I'm Reading page.
Select the checkboxes beside any books you want to delete from your Kobo account.
Click the Delete button.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert