Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-24-2006, 01:01 PM   #31
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Thanks !!!, I can quit the program easier now.
But indeed the menus turned completely white now.

And the pieces should jump, not slide. I get a lot of shadows.

And if I remember well, earlier they jumped.

Probable something changed in the display update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by design256
Here is version 0.4:

- board is now centred horizontally

- blinking LED is turned off

- There is now a Quit button (labelled Q ) in the button bar. You still have to jab it several times to get it to notice you, but it's not as hard work as the menus were.

I'd love to get some of the simple IPC stuff working so I could respond to the Iliad's buttons, but the documentation in the SDK is really sparse and the only example I have is IPDF written in C++.

BTW, I have uploaded all my working sources to my FTP area on MobileRead. I will try to keep this current - feel free to browse.
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:54 AM   #32
DigiDirk
Connoisseur
DigiDirk doesn't litterDigiDirk doesn't litter

Device: iLiad
Just a quick report.

Upgraded to 2.8 this morning and Gnu Chess does not run anymore.

Just a screen refresh, nothing else...

Scotty's x48 still runs...

Dirk
DigiDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2006, 06:55 PM   #33
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
iRex has rebuilt all their liber's and bumped a couple revisions. Design256 may need to re-compile.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:10 PM   #34
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
welcome back scotty!
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:32 AM   #35
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
welcome back scotty!
Good to be back!
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2007, 12:40 PM   #36
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I just got my shell script access today on 2.8.

When trying to run this, it complains that it can't find libXpm.so.4. Does anyone have this file compiled for the iLiad?

Edit: Nevermind, I was able to find a copy of libXpm.so.4.11.0 in Antartica's toolchain. The only problem is that I can't get any of the menu's to appear correctly, so I'm not able to close out of it.

Last edited by Adam B.; 01-04-2007 at 08:31 PM.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:06 AM   #37
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Not a bad idea to run "./xboard -size Big -fcp ./gnuchessx" in mrxvt.
error message looks like this.
Code:
./xboard: error while loading shared libraries: libXpm.so.4 : cannot open shared object file: No such file or dictionary
To all: copy the file libXpm.so.4 from zip-file to the lib directionary of gnuchess; then gnuchess will start again.

[EDIT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos
When you start Gnu Chess, all squares have the same grey colour, press the UP-Key once, then they transform in b&w squares.
This is not working on 2.8. Yes, adding one old library file doesn't replace re-compiling.

[EDIT:] I uploaded in #49 the files you need for 2.9.x or 2.10.
Attached Files
File Type: zip libXpm.so.4.zip (68.4 KB, 386 views)

Last edited by yokos; 06-07-2007 at 10:11 AM. Reason: 2.9.x-2.10 libraries
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:51 AM   #38
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Quote:
Not a bad idea to run "./xboard -size Big -fcp ./gnuchessx" in mrxvt.
error message looks like this.
Code:
./xboard: error while loading shared libraries: libXpm.so.4 : cannot open shared object file: No such file or dictionary
To all: copy the file libXpm.so.4 from zip-file to the lib directionary of gnuchess; then gnuchess will start again.

[EDIT]
This is not working on 2.8. Yes, adding one old library file doesn't replace re-compiling.
Thank you! The program is back working!
Old 01-05-2007, 10:22 AM   #39
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by henkvdg
Thank you! The program is back working!
I forgot my iLiad at home today (Doh!). Does the file menu work, so that you can cleanly exit the program?
Old 01-05-2007, 10:29 AM   #40
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B.
I forgot my iLiad at home today (Doh!). Does the file menu work, so that you can cleanly exit the program?
Yes, the menus don't appear correctly.
Please use the Q-button to quit Gnu Chess as mentioned earlier in this thread.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:41 AM   #41
henkvdg
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B.
I tried Q for quit. Did not work.

I tried the menu. Did work.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:45 AM   #42
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
Yes, the menus don't appear correctly.
Please use the Q-button to quit Gnu Chess as mentioned earlier in this thread.
I actually completely missed that post with version 4....I was still using version 3.

I'll give it a try when I get home. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:06 AM   #43
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henkvdg
I tried Q for quit. Did not work.
mmh, curious; on my iLiad 2.8 with Gnu Chess 0.4 one click with sytlus on Q next to << < P < >> in top right of screen quits program instantly.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:07 PM   #44
henkvdg
Groupie

Sorry to say, but GNU chess stopped again working with 2.9, as well as TED. The terminal program still runs.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:45 AM   #45
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

Same as dillo starting problem. Gnu Chess can't find "libXp.so.6".
This file should be included in 2.8 os in the wiki.

[EDIT:] iLiad's os 2.9 likes Gnu Chess again.
Please copy the file "libXp.so.6" in the attached zip file to the subdirectory "lib" in your Gnu Chess directory.
[EDITII:]gnu chess screenshot with 2.9 icons in toolbar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chess.os.2.9.png
Views:	402
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	2902  

Last edited by yokos; 03-06-2007 at 11:31 AM. Reason: screenshot