Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-08-2010, 11:23 PM   #1
webber
webber began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Need a recommendation

I dont really know what to say, so il give a small list of books that ive enjoyed (not much of a reader but with so much spare time and a prs-505 coming i believe i will become one :P)

The hobbit
the giver by lois lowry ( i really enjoyed this one as a kid and i cant find the ebook anywhere for free and im fairly hesitent to pay for it since its achilds book )
LOTR (all of them)
harry potter (all of them)

as i said before, not much of a reader but i tend to really enjoy books the fudge with my mind and make me question myself, like the giver

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-10-2010 at 07:35 AM. Reason: title correction for proper searches - Don
webber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:16 AM   #2
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
It seems that you enjoy fantasy, so I would recommend a series that has become very popular lately: A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. The problem is... it's still unfinished, and it doesn't look like it's going to be finished any time soon. Still, it's a great read: very intense, lots of action, interesting characters... and it's available as ebooks reasonably priced.
Andanzas is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 07:58 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
You might try the Eragon series by Christopher Paolini.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:22 AM   #4
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I'd suggest 'Magician' by Raymond E. Feist.

I thought it was magnificent.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:00 AM   #5
webber
webber began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
thanks guys! il be sure to look into them
webber is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 08:28 AM   #6
lovelyloey
Enthusiast
lovelyloey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
and Percy Jackson series? A Youth series, but nonetheless entertaining. The movie's coming, maybe you can watch it before deciding if you want to go for the series. It's 5 books by the way.
lovelyloey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #7
wayspooled
Crab In The Dark
wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tablet PC until a 10" comes out that I like
I agree with Sparrow, going by your list of books you liked. The Magician by Feist (sometimes broken into two books by whoever first published it (The Magician: Apprentice and The Magician: Master) which is itself (themselves?) part of a three (or four) book series. But I don't think it's ebook'd... Lots of authors best works, their backlist aren't published.

Equally good and it is ebook'd is The Dragonbone Chair by Tad Williams. Book one of a four book series (the others are Stone of Farewell, To Green Angel Tower book 1, and TGAT book 2).

Other recommendations from a previous thread are found here. Just remember a lot of those in this thread aren't ebook'd or more annoyingly, one seemingly at random book from a series is published but not all or even the first of a series (David Eddings' The Belgariad)

Last edited by wayspooled; 02-10-2010 at 09:26 AM.
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:34 AM   #8
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
2 free books +

What started me reading was from Andre Norton, so heres;

2 free books
http://www.webscription.net/s-81-and...goryFilterID=1

Plus
http://www.baen.com/author_catalog.asp?author=ANorton

Good reading
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:42 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorridRedDog View Post
What started me reading was from Andre Norton, so heres;

2 free books
http://www.webscription.net/s-81-and...goryFilterID=1

Plus
http://www.baen.com/author_catalog.asp?author=ANorton

Good reading
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote