Device: iRex DR1000S, BeBook Club S
Hi folks

Hi,

New DR1000S owner popping in .
Gwaihir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Gwaihir.

Let us know where you are from and what you like to read.

Don't hesitate to ask questions, or jump in on forums that interest you.

How are you liking your DR?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2009, 11:48 AM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
oooh, OOOH, OOOH !!! A DR1000S owner. Welcome!

"New DR1000S owner" -- a new DR1000S? or a new owner? or just new to MobileRead?

What are you reading on your device? Did you buy it because of the combination of large screen & PDF support? Do you like the touch screen?

I've been thinking about a Kindle DX for the large screen -- not as large as the iRex, though -- and because I have not felt comfortable with touch-screen devices. But the DR1000SW with Wi-Fi is a very appealing combination, so I'm interested in hearing how much people like their iRex devices.

Welcome. Welcome, indeed.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:17 PM   #4
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello Gwaihir, and Click image for larger version

Name:	Welcome Saver.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	31123 to Mobileread.

Boy, I don't know if I've ever heard Elsi so excited about a new member. You really struck a chord there.

I might just have to look into that gizmo you two are talking about.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Gwaihir and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2009, 01:07 PM   #6
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead!

Make sure to check out the all free ebooks you can download here and if you have any questions, MR is the place to find answers.

Enjoy!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, Gwaihir.

I have the Sony 505 and love it.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:29 PM   #8
Gwaihir
The Windlord
Gwaihir began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S, BeBook Club S
Wow, you people give a warm welcome indeed. Thanks folks!

I am from the Netherlands. The DR is new and I am a new member here, though I have read bits and pieces here before buying. I have bought the DR for (1) reading tech books, (2) having them all with me available to me for reference and (3) for note taking. (To justify carrying the weight around with me, I'd like it to replace my paper notebook.)

So yeah, for the large screen with pdf support, and the touch screen, absolutely. There's no DR with wify yet, but I don't intend to read newspapers or any other media on it that require frequent updates, so I don't think I'll miss it. Simple enough to move the SD card over for loading content or load while connected to a pc. Wifi is not such a gift, as it is a very large battery drain for any mobile device.

I am as yet undecided about my points two and three. I hope a good notetaking app can solve point three for me. (I saw some hints around here already.) I hope it will not solve only the notetaking itself, but also provide a good way to keep track of notes. (File renaming is an absolute must, moving them around in folders would be nice, as would tagging them be.)

As for the reference, I have my doubts. It's a pity one can't quickly leaf through a book, glancing at pages and "homing in", like you can with a paper one. It's nice to have many of my books with me, but I can have them on my computer too. For quick reference (rather than reading on for pages after that, where the screen comes into play), it seems the computer works better: it is usually already on during my work (so no boot time) and a lot simpler (keyboard) and quicker for searching. The main bonus is that this DR brings its own screen to read from (less swapping between applications on the pc) and is easier to show to coworkers then "come look at my computer screen".
Gwaihir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:54 PM   #9
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
Welcome. This is a fun forum. Enjoy.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:52 PM   #10
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome! Thanks for the info on your new device- congrats!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote