Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-11-2014, 08:54 AM   #1
Wim Kreuger
Wim Kreuger began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Managing collections in PRS-T2

I am fiddling about with Calibre and my Sony PRS-T2 reader and I am trying to figure out how to manage the collections in my reader.
What I did in Calibre is add multiple tags to my books like, for instance, Science Fiction as the main tag plus additions like Space Opera, or Adventure or...
The result gets to be Science Fiction, Space Opera, for instance.
I discovered that only the first tag appears in my Reader and thus forms a collection.
If that book belongs in a series that book appears in my reader twice: one as a part of the books with a tag and secondly because it is part of a series.
I have several questions about this:
1: is it possible to have collections generated on the basis of more than 1 tag?
2: is it possible to have a book with tags as well as being a part in a series appear only once in my reader?
I have seen postings in 2009 and 2010 about this subject but those did not quite cover my problem as far I could make out.
Anyway, help would be very much appreciated.
Wim
Wim Kreuger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:56 PM   #2
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim Kreuger View Post
I have several questions about this:
1: is it possible to have collections generated on the basis of more than 1 tag?
2: is it possible to have a book with tags as well as being a part in a series appear only once in my reader?
I have seen postings in 2009 and 2010 about this subject but those did not quite cover my problem as far I could make out.
Anyway, help would be very much appreciated.
Wim
I don't have or use series information that way, so don't really know about having both tags and series at the same time.

I only use tags for collections, and keep the tags to one per book, although the tags can be pretty detailed. And it's been a long while since I've set it up, but maybe this will help.

1)IIRC, you can use multiple tags, and they should be separated by a comma.
That way it reads the two as separate collections.

2) Go to "Preferences", then "Plugins" and look for Sony. You should see a listing for the Sony Device Interface. Click 'Customize Plugin" and it will bring up your choices for customizing to the Sony. There will be a text box to enter what fields you want to turn into collections. If you just want to make collections from 'Tags' then enter that in the box, and remove any other field you don't want.

Make sure to hit "Okay" on the screen, then "Apply" at the top of the list of plugins to make changes take effect.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2014, 03:23 PM   #3
Wim Kreuger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
1)IIRC, you can use multiple tags, and they should be separated by a comma.
That way it reads the two as separate collections.

2) Go to "Preferences", then "Plugins" and look for Sony. You should see a listing for the Sony Device Interface. Click 'Customize Plugin" and it will bring up your choices for customizing to the Sony. There will be a text box to enter what fields you want to turn into collections. If you just want to make collections from 'Tags' then enter that in the box, and remove any other field you don't want.

Make sure to hit "Okay" on the screen, then "Apply" at the top of the list of plugins to make changes take effect.
Hi,

I discovered as much just by experimenting for both the tags and the way to set them...
Thanks for your answer anyway.
Regards,

Wim
Old 06-23-2015, 06:56 AM   #4
Wim Kreuger

I still can't make heads or tails from what I am reading in this and other forums.
Isn't there anybody who can help this poor newbie?
Old 06-25-2015, 05:13 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've moved this thread into the Calibre forum. You're much more likely to get helpful advice there.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2015, 06:03 AM   #6
Wim Kreuger

Managing collections in PRS-T2

Hello Harry.

It would be very nice to know where exactly you put it.
Thanks,

Wim
Old 06-25-2015, 06:27 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I put it where you're reading it now - in the "Devices" subforum of the Calibre forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:35 AM   #8
Wim Kreuger

Ok, I thought I was still on the old location. Thanks.
Now let's hope someone can help me...

Wim