Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-03-2014, 05:57 AM   #1
Skeeve
Zealot
Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4.1.1 no touch
Custom Column Colors for "Text but with a fixed list of permitted values"

Could you please tell me how to find the available colors for "Text but with a fixed list of permitted values"?

From browsing through the source code, I found that the names are checked against QColor.colorNames(), but I have no idea what's in that list.

I also miss the ability to specify a color in the "#RRGGBB" notation. Or can the set of colors somehow be extended so that I could ad my own color names?
Skeeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:27 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeve View Post
Could you please tell me how to find the available colors for "Text but with a fixed list of permitted values"?
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/types.html#ColorKeywords
Quote:
From browsing through the source code, I found that the names are checked against QColor.colorNames(), but I have no idea what's in that list.

I also miss the ability to specify a color in the "#RRGGBB" notation. Or can the set of colors somehow be extended so that I could ad my own color names?
Currently the set of names is fixed. If you want to hack at the source you could probably add # notation as long as the values respect the rules given at http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qco...#setNamedColor
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2014, 09:37 AM   #3
Skeeve
Zealot
Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks a lot…

I will, for sure, take a look into hacking the source, but as I have a rather old OS X (10.5.8) which is fortunately still supported for the binary download, I have some concerns about whether I will be able to build calibre.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:55 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeve View Post
I will, for sure, take a look into hacking the source, but as I have a rather old OS X (10.5.8) which is fortunately still supported for the binary download, I have some concerns about whether I will be able to build calibre.
Fortunately, hacking and running calibre's python source does not require building calibre as long as you have a binary install. Get the source (sounds like you already have done that) then follow the instructions in http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/deve...nt-environment.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:27 PM   #5
Skeeve
Zealot

*WOW* Thanks for that! It was dead easy to get it up and running and I already submitted a patch https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1302078

Now I hope some developer is interested as this did not look too promising:

Quote:
If your bug report is a feature request, then it will only be implemented if one of the calibre developers has the time/motivation to implement it. If you get no response to your feature request, that is because no developer is interested.
I'm wondering why I needed launchpad. Couldn't I just have used github to submit a pull request? I'm already registered there.
Advert
Old 04-03-2014, 01:44 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

You could have done a pull request. That is what I and other "known" calibre developers do. The main reasons to submit a patch using launchpad are to avoid learning how github works, to avoid a github account and the associated repo, and to let Kovid get to know you. That last one is the least important, as I know from personal experience that he is fully able and willing to carry on a dialog using github comments.

Welcome to the community!

Ahh, email just arrived saying Kovid assigned accepting the patch to me. Could you give me your banking details so that I can verify that you are a real human being? (Smile) More seriously, I will look at it and converse as necessary on launchpad. Once we arrive at a conclusion, I will almost certainly ask you to submit the agreed patch to Kovid using github.