Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #91
mofosyne
mofosyne began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Can somebody make it so that you have a climbable menu, not everyone knows to press "alt-1"
mofosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #92
Abradoks
Abradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshesAbradoks can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kindle Touch
Here is kindlet variant of launcher. Just copy "runner" folder to USB drive’s root and xtermrunner.azw2 to documents. You need Kindlet Jailbreak to run it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip xtermrunner.zip (19.7 KB, 243 views)
Abradoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2012, 04:23 AM   #93
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
I am sorry if I am asking too much can you implement these features in the next release?
1.Option to choose default kindle keyboard and if possible even morekeyboards.the current matchbox keyboard is small and uncomfortable.
2.Landscape mode
3.Option to change the size of the keys itself.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #94
cubicme
cubicme began at the beginning.

great job, works perfectly and additional binaries are really useful, never thought i could use vim on my kindle.
just wondering is there any way to get ssh working with this? i have scp command in xterm but having ssh would make kindle crazy powerful.
cubicme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #95
jib
jib will become famous soon enoughjib will become famous soon enoughjib will become famous soon enoughjib will become famous soon enoughjib will become famous soon enoughjib will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
2.Landscape mode
This works with me. I mean, when I am in 5.1.2+jbpatch landscape mode, invoking xterm also starts it in landscape mode. Except that mc is of wrong size (goes under the bottom).
jib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #96
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Whenever I try to look at a folder in xterm, it says permission denied. Does anyone know how to get around this?
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #97
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbebothered View Post
Whenever I try to look at a folder in xterm, it says permission denied. Does anyone know how to get around this?
Can you give more information? Is it a specific folder or all of them? Anyways, the only thing I can think to do with this info is run this command.
Quote:
mntroot rw

Last edited by Titano; 08-29-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #98
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Typo? mntroot rw?

But I think I follow you - the message may refer to xterm being prevented from opening a temporary file rather than from opening the target filename.

Use the "d" option to the ls command to list the premissions of the directory (a.k.a: folder in en_Windows) you are trying to "look at".
ls -ld folder_name

Use the "mount" command to get a list of the file system mount points, see if the one which include the directory you are trying to "look at" is mounted rw.

Check what xterm may be using for its directory of temporary files (if it is using one) and check both the permissions and the file system mount settings.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:11 PM   #99
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
KT on-screen keyboard isn't a Java application. It's a native compiled application. It sends X events to currently active window.

So potentially it could be used with XTerm (and any other X application).

Keyboard layouts are simple JSON files (gzipped in 5.1.0). X keysyms could be used in a keyboard layout (i.e. cursor keys, control keys etc). A little more information could be found in another thread.

Keyboard could be shown with:
Code:
lipc-set-prop -s com.lab126.keyboard open com.example.xterm:abc:1
and then closed with
Code:
lipc-set-prop -s com.lab126.keyboard close com.example.xterm
com.example.xterm is an unique identificator of application requesting to show keyboard. abc is a keyboard sub-layout (it could be abc, web or 123). 1 is a flag for whatever I don't know precisely.

Unfortunately, KT keyboard doesn't working with XTerm from this thread. Keyboard send X events of key presses to XTerm window, XTerm receives them (I see it in debug level logs of keyboard application and xev output for XTerm window). But XTerm doesn't display sent characters. I didn't dig any further.

UPD Full list of keyboards sub-layouts (as for 5.1.0): abc, Abc, 123, web, pad

Flags are:
  • 0 - DEFAULT
  • 1 - COMPOSITION_ENABLED
  • 2 - AUTOCAPITALIZE
  • 4 - CLIENT_DISABLED
They coud be unioned through binary OR (for example, flag 3 will enable both COMPOSITION_ENABLED and AUTOCAPITALIZE, as 3 = 1|2). Unfortunately, I don't know meaning of these flags except their's naming from decompiled code.
This is great news! I do not know how I missed this post before. Thankfully it was pointed out in another post today, and now I saw it. I hope to use it soon!
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:10 AM   #100
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does it deserve an entry in the index system?
Old 08-31-2012, 04:15 AM   #101
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titano View Post
Can you give more information? Is it a specific folder or all of them? Anyways, the only thing I can think to do with this info is run this command.
Here are the folders I couldn't look at:

mnt/us
mnt/us/documents
mnt/us/extensions
mnt/us/extensions/games/frotz/bin

But I' try mntroot rw.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:16 AM   #102
atordo
Connoisseur
atordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicme View Post
just wondering is there any way to get ssh working with this? i have scp command in xterm but having ssh would make kindle crazy powerful.
The KT already has a binary called dropbearmulti in /usr/local/bin whose help reads:
Code:
Dropbear multi-purpose version 0.52
Make a symlink pointing at this binary with one of the following names:
'dropbear' - the Dropbear server
'dbclient' or 'ssh' - the Dropbear client
'dropbearkey' - the key generator
'dropbearconvert' - the key converter
'scp' - secure copy
So ssh is already bundled, you just need to create the symlink (ln -s dropbearmulti ssh) or use "dbclient" instead of "ssh" if you don't want to write in the root filesystem.
atordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:22 AM   #103
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Here are the folders I couldn't look at:

mnt/us
mnt/us/documents
mnt/us/extensions
mnt/us/extensions/games/frotz/bin

But I' try mntroot rw.
That command just allows the root file system to be written.

You haven't (yet) posted what you mean by the words: "look at" but none of the meanings I can think of include writing to anything.

What user name are you running under when this "problem" appears?
'root' can 'look at' anything - other usernames are limited.

To 'look at' in the sense of seeing what is contained in a directory ('folder' in en_Windows) requires the username have 'read' permission for that directory.

To 'look at' in the sense of using a directory in a pathname requires the username to have 'execute' permission for that directory.

So who are you? The command:
whoami
should answer that question for you.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:49 AM   #104
icantbebothered
Penguin

Xterm says I'm root, but when I type in for example /mnt/us it says "permision denied".

When I say look at, I mean see what's in a folder.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:55 AM   #105
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
Xterm says I'm root, but when I type in for example /mnt/us it says "permision denied".

When I say look at, I mean see what's in a folder.
Try 'cd /mnt/us' then try 'ls'... Unless you tried that. (Just checking that you didn't JUST type /mnt/us.)

Last edited by Titano; 08-31-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons