Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
vvvbe
vvvbe can extract oil from cheesevvvbe can extract oil from cheesevvvbe can extract oil from cheesevvvbe can extract oil from cheesevvvbe can extract oil from cheesevvvbe can extract oil from cheesevvvbe can extract oil from cheesevvvbe can extract oil from cheese

Device: PRS-650
Help - Sideload Touch 1.9.14 - Calibre

I have recently moved over to a Kobo Touch from a Sony PRS-650 and always used Calibre to sideload my books.

I recently updated to 1.14 from 1.9. In 1.9 the sideload using Calibre went fine… But now with the update to 1.14 I can not get the reader to see the books from Calibre.

I also tried sideloading using ADE. When I open ADE it shows the books as being there and when I open Kobo in XP it also shows the files as being there. But they are not there when I eject the reader and open library. I have tried DRM books as well as non-DRM. Also, I have not registered this reader with Kobo. Again it worked fine with 1.9.

Is there something I’m missing with the update to 1.14 and sideloading. I have done a search and checked FAQ’s in wiki… Any help would be appreciated… Or if anybody can point me to a MRF thread that would be of help... Thanks!

Last edited by vvvbe; 02-26-2012 at 09:03 PM.
vvvbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think the issue is not having registered the Kobo.....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2012, 11:23 PM   #3
vvvbe
vvvbe can extract oil from cheesevvvbe can extract oil from cheesevvvbe can extract oil from cheesevvvbe can extract oil from cheesevvvbe can extract oil from cheesevvvbe can extract oil from cheesevvvbe can extract oil from cheesevvvbe can extract oil from cheese

Device: PRS-650
Thanks Peter...

So you think that since I updated to 1.14 that I now have to register the reader in order
to sideload from Calibre....

What if I went back to ver. 1.9 do you think I would still have to register... Trying to avoid that and just go with sideloading... But maybe I will have to rethink that... Odd that sideloading worked with the firmware that came with the reader on purchase - 1.9.

Thanks again Peter for you help....
vvvbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:15 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I knmow there have been some thread here from other users who did not want or could not register (linux users) and they had found a work around that required the addition of a row to one of the sql tables on the Touch.

Take a look at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=262 for some info.

There is a FireFox add on called "SQLite Manager" that can prove useful in editing the SQLlite database on the Touch.

DO TAKE A BACKUP OF IT BEFORE DOING ANYTHING...

With the Kobo mounted it will be in \.kobo\KoboReader.sqlite
Old 02-27-2012, 01:17 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

And yes... there did seem to be a change between the original firmware and newer versions that DID require you to register.
Advert