Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
skidrow2u
skidrow2u began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard
Add Metadata Source to Search

Does anyone know how to add a new metadata source to search to Calibre? I would like to add www.fantasticfiction.co.uk, but can't figure out how. Thanks!
skidrow2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Preferences > Metadata download and then check the Fantastic Fiction box in the first column.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2012, 04:32 AM   #3
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@skidrow2u - welcome to MobileRead.

I am guessing you have not installed the FantasticFiction metadata download plugin. You can do this from either the Preferences->Get new plugins menu option or from the button on the Preferences -> Plugins screen.

Once it is installed, Synamon is quite correct in that you can toggle enabling the plugin from the Metadata download preferences screen.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #4
skidrow2u
skidrow2u began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard
Thank you both so much! (And what a dork I am for missing that!) I'm so glad my co-worker told me about Calibre - as you can tell, I'm a very new user, but I LOVE it.
Thanks again!
skidrow2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, metadata, search, source