Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 07:09 PM   #1
thewriterkid
thewriterkid began at the beginning.

Device: none, yet.
Newbie question about waraenty

I'm trying to decide between the Nook tablet and Kindle Fire. I'm aiming towards the Kindle Fire, but I do have one question. There's been a lot of talk about side loading apps onto the fire. Does doing this void the warranty? I'm capable of learning how to side load, but since I'm a student, I don't have the money to replace the device if I mess something up and end up losing my warranty in the process. Thank you!
thewriterkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
No, it doesn't. Amazon hasnt done anything to prevent side-loading apps - no need to root or hack or anything. Now you might download a virus if you're not smart about where you get your apps, but that is the worst that can happen and I think its highly unlikely that you would be able to damage it beyond being able to restore it to factory default. Amazon's warranty treatment of Kindle customers has always been.top-notch. I don't think you need to worry.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert