Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
paultakeda
paultakeda began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 2nd Ed., Nook Color
Stumped. 0.7.7 keeps showing as the version even after update/reinstall.

I have no idea how this is happening now.

I have completely uninstalled Calibre for Windows, including the Roaming folder created for the user.

I then installed the latest version 0.8.4 and when I check the version under Properties it says 0.8.4.

And yet whenever I launch Calibre, even when I click on the 0.8.4 EXE itself, the application launches, shows as 0.7.7 and notifies me that there is an update available.

When I debug devices, the log also states it's 0.7.7.

Last edited by paultakeda; 06-05-2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Added photo links.
paultakeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
See that Asterisk (next to the version#)? That means you are running from Source

either remove the Environment Variable "Calibre_Develop_From"
or refresh your source
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
paultakeda
paultakeda began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 2nd Ed., Nook Color
SMACKS HEAD ON KEYBOARD.

Thanks, theducks. I'll go put on my dunce cap now (completely forgot I had done that).
paultakeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by paultakeda View Post
SMACKS HEAD ON KEYBOARD.

Thanks, theducks. I'll go put on my dunce cap now (completely forgot I had done that).
If you had not included the image, I would not have come up with that (I could never get RFS to work here )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote