Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-01-2010, 03:52 AM   #1
tomhck
Enthusiast
tomhck began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
PocketBook 902 won't start

Hello, I have problem with my 902. Yesterday it froze when I was reading a PDF. I did a reset, but now it won't start. I can only see Registration page and when I press "Skip", green light turns on and nothing happens.

Maybe the PDF is damaged, but how can I delete it? Is there a way how to connect device to PC while 902 is booting?
tomhck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
CalvinL
Enthusiast
CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook
Too bad, but I don't think a file will damage the hardware.
CalvinL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhck View Post
I can only see Registration page and when I press "Skip", green light turns on and nothing happens.
Isn't the green light supposed to be related to charging? Try to connect to a PC.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:52 PM   #4
tomhck
Enthusiast

I solved it :-) I tried to connect PocketBook to a PC, but PocketBook did not ask me, if I want connect or charge. But then I pushed accidentally the power button (my shorcut to recent books - I forgot it) and from menu I selected one of my books. I connected it to PC and PocketBook asked me, what I want to do. So I was finally able to connect 902 to PC. Deleting the PDF did not help, so I backed up and then deleted everything. And it works:-) It was something wrong with the main menu, I think…
Old 12-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #5
CalvinL
Enthusiast
CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook
Does it freeze again when u reading the same file?
It concerns me that the 902 seems to have some hardware/software problem.
CalvinL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2010, 02:07 PM   #6
tomhck
Enthusiast

I am too scared to try it

Edit: But I finally tried it. So far, so good. With the same PDF - I tried reflow, zoom, rotate, and it works flawlessly.

Last edited by tomhck; 12-01-2010 at 02:16 PM.