Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-21-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Page turning - How do you Fingerswipe?

So what is everyone's little method to finger swipe while page turning.

Now I'm sort of a newbie at this but right now I find I'm liking the classic straight right to left across the middle of the screen with an ohh so gently swipe of the tip of my index finger.

My wife is an upper right hand corner with just a littlw swish flick

So what is your method?

Last edited by boswd; 05-22-2010 at 08:32 AM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:45 AM   #2
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
I have problems to swipe. I need to do a very large and hard swipe to be recognized. :-(
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hmm are you starting at a stopped position? it took me a little bit to get it down but now that I do I use it almost exclusively.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Most often it is a thumb swipe, cutting across the lower right hand corner.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:22 PM   #5
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Right index finger, upper right corner with a slightly diagonal half inch swipe to the left. Very light touch - don't want to awaken the bright screen of battery death!
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #6
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think there are my hands like stumps more than a Nook problem, but I cannot get it.

I think with practice...

I tap while moving my finger, and continue moving it, but I need swipe more than 50% of LCD and very very fast and hard...
Old 05-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #7
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
nice, I use that as well when I'm holding it one handed on the subway. works great.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:38 AM   #8
rfog
Guru

Finally I got too.

A very soft and gently swipe in any place of the screen. The secret is in the speed of swipe.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:38 AM   #9
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
Finally I got too.

A very soft and gently swipe in any place of the screen. The secret is in the speed of swipe.

YEAH
Old 05-23-2010, 09:10 PM   #10
JerseyBiker
Addict
JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook Glowlight, Galaxy Tab S9, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
So what is everyone's little method to finger swipe while page turning.

Now I'm sort of a newbie at this but right now I find I'm liking the classic straight right to left across the middle of the screen with an ohh so gently swipe of the tip of my index finger.

My wife is an upper right hand corner with just a littlw swish flick

So what is your method?
I had problems at first. Sometimes the page would turn and other times not. But I realized that your finger has to be in motion when you touch the screen. If you touch the screen and then swipe it sometimes doesn't work. Now mine always change page when I swipe.

~eddie
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #11
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBiker View Post
I had problems at first. Sometimes the page would turn and other times not. But I realized that your finger has to be in motion when you touch the screen. If you touch the screen and then swipe it sometimes doesn't work. Now mine always change page when I swipe.

~eddie

yeah I would say for the first hour or so I though I was an imbecile. I didn't even care what I was reading, I just wanted to get it down, then once I did I was like I discovered sliced bread.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:53 PM   #12
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBiker View Post

~eddie
I agree, my swipe normally starts on the plastic and then moves across the corner of the touch screen.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:58 PM   #13
Gwen2479
Gwen2479 began at the beginning.

Device: none
My swipe so far

Now that I have my Nook and one of my fellow "Nookers" was nice enough to answer my post for help. The youtube video that was attached by wandalynn was very helpful.
So for now I swipe with my right thumb, a quick flick in the right side of the device while I am holding it in both hands and it works like a charm. I am only on my first book right now, but I am really liking this swipe page turn thing!
Gwen2479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:36 PM   #14
boswd
Banned

yeah I like it alot as well. I too have been using the right thumb method. That's pretty much all I use now.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:25 AM   #15
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
This is how I do it and it works pretty much every time for me.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote