Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-17-2015, 06:32 AM   #1
qna
qna began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
Q: Kindle app cloning with diff package name

Hi,

I have 2 kindle accounts, one in .com and one in .cn. May I ask if any fellow could help to clone the current kindle apt with another package name so I could have 2 kindles working in 1 android machine? Or someone may suggestion any solutions for it? Thanks.

QA
qna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:34 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
If I were to try, I would give Easy APK Disassembler a try. You will need something like this to sign the package so it can be installed on your device.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:48 AM   #3
qna
qna began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
I tried to use similar tools onto the kindle app but no luck. Any idea?
qna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 07:35 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by qna View Post
I tried to use similar tools onto the kindle app but no luck. Any idea?
I have used the disassembler to change the icon used by Koreader, I didn't like the new one that they used to replace the default Android green robot. I just used the disassembler to sign the renamed .apk file, after I had used WinRAR to change the icon.png files in "res". I think Android uses the metadata for the actual name of the program, the apk is just a launcher/install package. For your purposes you may need to make a number of changes.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote