Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-18-2021, 02:26 PM   #166
HknGrss
Enthusiast
HknGrss began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Kobo Libra2 is available for pre-sale on the official distributor site of Turkey, but Sage has not been opened. Does this mean that Sage won't come to Turkey? Also, where can we go to get information about Kobo's sales and distribution?
Do you have an e-mail address where we can get information?
HknGrss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 02:29 PM   #167
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Number of days of reading time has always been a manipulated number (by everyone).
1st there is the definition of a 'day'; 3Hrs is one number I have seen used
But there is more
How many page turns per hour affects CPU usage more than idle time (while reading the page).
Back light usage?
Audio usage (will prevent full CPU sleep), Blutooth...

1200mA for an eink device used for visual reading should be plenty for days (Ya gotta sleep sometimes, so put it on charge then and quit worrying )
Amazon seems to try to define battery life expectations:

Quote:
A single charge lasts up to ten (10) weeks, based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless off and the light setting at 13. Battery life may vary depending on use. Audible audiobook streaming over Bluetooth will reduce battery life
Seems like a reasonable approximation. They left out your page turns, but I can live with that.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2021, 03:53 PM   #168
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
A single charge lasts up to ten (10) weeks, based on a half hour of reading per day with wireless off and the light setting at 13. Battery life may vary depending on use. Audible audiobook streaming over Bluetooth will reduce battery life
A half hour a day is ridiculous for me. I read more than that at one sitting. I tend to pick up my book and read whenever I have a free moment. When I was in school I would hurry to my next class so I could read before the final bell.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 04:13 PM   #169
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

1200mA for an eink device used for visual reading should be plenty for days (Ya gotta sleep sometimes, so put it on charge then and quit worrying )
EXACTLY! To read someone say that they feared a 1200mAh battery would not be fit for purpose was bewlidering.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 04:31 PM   #170
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
A half hour a day is ridiculous for me. I read more than that at one sitting. I tend to pick up my book and read whenever I have a free moment. When I was in school I would hurry to my next class so I could read before the final bell.
Apache
If you do the math though, you can come up with how it may work for your use.

10 * 7 * 0.5 = 35 hours of reading time.

I wish that my mother's Forma had that kind of battery life left.
Advert
Old 10-18-2021, 05:13 PM   #171
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RETG View Post
I have had no problems with the buttons on my unit. And believing what is on youtube videos posted by someone just wanting to get their videos viewed is ludicrous.
Sure. And if that were the only place I saw such a claim, then I would dismiss it. I really don't want to derail the thread about the buttons any more, especially as the Libra 2 is coming and therefore it may no longer matter. But you can look through this thread and elsewhere and see others comment that there are problems with the page turn buttons not always registering.

Also, to be fair to that YouTuber, I don't think a single negative review of the Libra is going to juice his numbers. If that were the case, he would be better off slagging a Kindle.

I do think his review is biased. He did like the Clara and Forma. Just not the Libra.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 10-18-2021 at 05:23 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 05:14 PM   #172
Krios
Zealot
Krios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five words

Device: Bookeen Odyssey FrontLight 2, Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Kobo Libra 2
Where did you get 10 weeks, on kobo site it says "weeks of battery life", (few years ago it was 4 weeks), or did you maybe mistake it for new kindle paperwhite, amazon now advertise it as "up to 10 weeks" it was 5 for older models.

Last edited by Krios; 10-18-2021 at 05:22 PM.
Krios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 06:04 PM   #173
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krios View Post
Where did you get 10 weeks, on kobo site it says "weeks of battery life", (few years ago it was 4 weeks), or did you maybe mistake it for new kindle paperwhite, amazon now advertise it as "up to 10 weeks" it was 5 for older models.
Are you asking me? The quote I posted (and my subsequent post) was for the new Paperwhite.
Old 10-18-2021, 06:16 PM   #174
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
Preordered both Libra 2 and Sage and so far, none of them has been shipped.
Same for my Libra H2O replacement.
Hopefully Wednesday or Thursday, I'll get my hands on all of them
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 07:17 PM   #175
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Those sort of reviews are nearly worthless. Only unsolicited reviews by ordinary users are worth much.
No, they aren't. None that I have seen were paid for except through the supply of the device. But, they show the devices in action. That would have answered quite a few questions from people in this thread.

And there were at least two reviews of the Libra 2. But, none for the Sage. And none of the reviews I saw of the Libra 2 were in English.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 02:28 AM   #176
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almamida View Post
Coolblue seems to have the Libra 2 available and they offer next day delivery in Germany.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 02:55 AM   #177
Krios
Zealot
Krios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five words

Device: Bookeen Odyssey FrontLight 2, Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Are you asking me? The quote I posted (and my subsequent post) was for the new Paperwhite.
Sorry, i was tired yesterday and didn't see that.
Krios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 05:06 AM   #178
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almamida View Post

My Sage arrives today, according to DHL.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 07:30 AM   #179
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I'm curious about the importance of the battery size and the Power Cover. It seems to me that it would take quite intensive use to cause the device to be charged even as often as once every 5 days. Once every 7-10 days would seem more likely even for several hours use a day. I'm wondering why simply charging it overnight once a week is considered so unacceptable an option that a "smaller" battery is viewed as a negative, requiring the purchase of an accessory that adds around 25% to the price - to say nothing of the extra weight.
Personally? I use my reader mostly in the bedroom (it rarely leaves it unless it's high summer and beautiful weather or I'm on holiday). So, I read and find out just as I start that the battery is almost empty. That means I need to remember the next morning that I need to bring it downstairs so I can charge it. So, the larger the battery, the less chance I have of having an empty device when I want to read before going to sleep.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 07:31 AM   #180
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
My Sage arrives today, according to DHL.
Please let us know what impression it has made on you
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote