Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-22-2018, 06:01 PM   #31
cband7
Junior Member
cband7 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 1
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2016
Device: Nook simple touch glow
Just got the Glowlight 3, same shelf problem. I ALWAYS completely power down so I'm going to try just letting it sleep + I'm going to try putting in various new folders and putting the sideloads in those (one at a time) and see how it reacts to that. I'm really disappointed on this as a semi-functional shelf system was one of the main reasons I bought the 3 (this is my 3rd Nook). Cross your fingers and toes, as required !
cband7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:46 AM   #32
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 510
Karma: 2598521
Join Date: May 2013
Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by cband7 View Post
Just got the Glowlight 3, same shelf problem. I ALWAYS completely power down so I'm going to try just letting it sleep + I'm going to try putting in various new folders and putting the sideloads in those (one at a time) and see how it reacts to that. I'm really disappointed on this as a semi-functional shelf system was one of the main reasons I bought the 3 (this is my 3rd Nook). Cross your fingers and toes, as required !
Tell us how it goes. Best of luck!
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:45 AM   #33
NoMoAggro
Junior Member
NoMoAggro began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 4
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2018
Device: Nook GlowLight 3
I've been letting it sleep instead of shutting down. I'm noticing the battery going down a lot faster than it should. From a 100% charge it went to 1% in three days and didn't want to wake up from sleep. When I finally got it going after hooking it up to my mac's USB, the shelves were gone again. <sigh>
NoMoAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:15 AM   #34
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 510
Karma: 2598521
Join Date: May 2013
Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoAggro View Post
I've been letting it sleep instead of shutting down. I'm noticing the battery going down a lot faster than it should. From a 100% charge it went to 1% in three days and didn't want to wake up from sleep. When I finally got it going after hooking it up to my mac's USB, the shelves were gone again. <sigh>
Turn off the wifi to save the battery.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:09 AM   #35
NoMoAggro
Junior Member
NoMoAggro began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 4
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2018
Device: Nook GlowLight 3
I always have the wifi off except briefly, when checking for updates.
NoMoAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:47 PM   #36
especiallyweird1
Junior Member
especiallyweird1 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2018
Device: Nook GlowLight Plus
This forum is the closest I've seen to my problem with my GlowLight Plus (not 3). I had been loading my books by transferring them from my laptop into My Files folder. No problems until recently I found that all of my books disappeared from the home screen. I plugged my GLP into my laptop to discover that My Files folder is GONE! I tried a factory reset. I tried creating a My Files folder. All that remains in the system tree is Internal Storage with Digital Editions and Nook beneath. If I load the nook with ebooks to the Nook folder, I can see them in New & Recent in My Library but they don't show up in My Library and are unsearchable.
Of course, I can do what someone else does on this thread and load a few books at a time, delete them when done and reload. What a pain and definitely not what I paid a hundred bucks for!
Does anybody have any ideas how to fix this?
especiallyweird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:15 PM   #37
nellie27
Member
nellie27 began at the beginning.
 
nellie27's Avatar
 
Posts: 20
Karma: 10
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Arizona
Device: Nook ST with glowlight, Nook Glowlight 3, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by especiallyweird1 View Post
This forum is the closest I've seen to my problem with my GlowLight Plus (not 3). I had been loading my books by transferring them from my laptop into My Files folder. No problems until recently I found that all of my books disappeared from the home screen. I plugged my GLP into my laptop to discover that My Files folder is GONE! I tried a factory reset. I tried creating a My Files folder. All that remains in the system tree is Internal Storage with Digital Editions and Nook beneath. If I load the nook with ebooks to the Nook folder, I can see them in New & Recent in My Library but they don't show up in My Library and are unsearchable.
Of course, I can do what someone else does on this thread and load a few books at a time, delete them when done and reload. What a pain and definitely not what I paid a hundred bucks for!
Does anybody have any ideas how to fix this?
When you are in the Library, just below the word Library is a drop-down. Tap on the word Books and a list appears- select My Files- this should now display your sideloaded books. Opposite the drop-down on the left is another drop-down for sorting- I use by Author, and multiple books by the same author are stacked. Selecting a stack will diplay all the books by that author (BN books are still separate from My Files books, I believe). There are other choices- play around, see what you prefer.

As far as the internal file structure, the software update that expanded the user-accessible memory merged the My Files folder into the Nook folder. (And for whatever reason, you can only see your sideloaded files and not the BN content in the folder.)

I only load a dozen or two books at a time because it's too hard to organize on the device, for me anyway. The software isn't great, but the hardware certainly is.

Hope this helps
nellie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:21 PM   #38
especiallyweird1
Junior Member
especiallyweird1 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2018
Device: Nook GlowLight Plus
Many thanks, Nellie27! Now I see the books I loaded. I feel kinda dumb. It was there all along! LOL
especiallyweird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:10 PM   #39
nellie27
Member
nellie27 began at the beginning.
 
nellie27's Avatar
 
Posts: 20
Karma: 10
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Arizona
Device: Nook ST with glowlight, Nook Glowlight 3, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by especiallyweird1 View Post
Many thanks, Nellie27! Now I see the books I loaded. I feel kinda dumb. It was there all along! LOL
Hey, no problem. I ran into this myself, and it was a bit frustrating until I figured it out.

Actually, I now recall that I had to go to my simple touch and see how it worked on that device.

Last edited by nellie27; 05-21-2018 at 08:18 PM.
nellie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Touch Shelves ebookskippy Kobo Reader 0 09-16-2013 11:02 AM
Touch Shelves mXb Barnes & Noble NOOK 2 08-24-2013 11:13 AM
The Amazing Disappearing Book BeccaPrice Amazon Kindle 11 01-02-2013 11:35 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.