Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-04-2017, 07:23 PM   #1
thekidsmom
Connoisseur
thekidsmom began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 3, nook, Nexus 7, iPad
All chapters in Calibre, but don't show up in CC

I've had great success with CC and can't imagine my life without it or Calibre.

However, I have a handful of books that have me stymied. That handful of books have been converted to ePub and show all chapters, pages etc within Calibre (meaning I can open the file on my PC and read the whole book).

However, once I use CC to get them to my tablet, the book only has some of its content and is missing 80% of the chapters.

I've deleted the books from Calibre, deleted the original file from my PC and gone back to the source (the Big A) and downloaded the original book file all over again. Converted within Calibre and the same thing happens; partial chapters moved over to tablet via CC. 98% of my Big A books are being converted and moved to my tablet just fine. It just happens on a handful of books.

I'm not sure where to go with this now. Anyone with an idea? Thanks.
thekidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:58 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Remember this is NOT a CC issue, rather it's an issue with the reading application on the device
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2017, 01:22 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
To confirm what PeterT said: CC does not touch the content of a book file.

if you transfer the book back from CC and open it in calibre's viewer, is all the content there?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 09:45 AM   #4
thekidsmom
Connoisseur

Sorry for the delay; bronchitis was kicking my butt.

You guys are correct. All of the content shows in Calibre's viewer, but not on the device. Why it never occurred to me that it could be Moon Reader Pro, I have no idea. Thanks for giving me a clue! Now, off to track down Moon Reader solution.....thanks again.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:16 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
VALIDATE that book 2cents says there is a problem with the spine.

Calibre's viewer is very forgiving about malformed books. Others want it mostly right. Some barf at the slightest boo-boo
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2017, 01:43 PM   #6
thekidsmom
Connoisseur

So I figured this out. All of my problem child books had the same thing in common--no ToC or a crummy one. Using the Edit ToC button (and the requisite work thereafter) I was able to edit (but mainly build) ToC's that solved the problem. Thanks all!