Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-22-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
sega dude
sega dude can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sega dude can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sega dude can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sega dude can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sega dude can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sega dude can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sega dude can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sega dude can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sega dude can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sega dude can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sega dude can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Nook Simple Touch with GlowLight, K4 NoTouch
Questions about un-demoing a demo Kindle

I am very interested in buying a demo Kindle (specifically a Kindle 3) off of eBay since you get them so cheap. I've been doing research over the past few days, and it seems to be possible to undemo these demo kindles. I remember seeing some bootable disc that would do this, but I can't find it now and don't remember what it was called. How hard is it to do this? Will I need any special equipment such as a factory cable? Thanks for any help in advance.
sega dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:05 AM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I don't know but I suspect you would need the update for the particular model of Kindle. I would imagine that a Demo model would be the same as any other except for the actual OS that would have some differences. That's just a guess though. To do upgrades on my Kindle I have to get the file from Amazon and load it onto the unit via the cable and then follow the instructions given at the Amazon site.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
Kubrick can "restore" a Demo Kindle into a regular Kindle. I've used it for a K4, and I'm pretty sure you can use it on a K3 as well. I hope this helps.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206064
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
sega dude
sega dude can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sega dude can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sega dude can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sega dude can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sega dude can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sega dude can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sega dude can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sega dude can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sega dude can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sega dude can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sega dude can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyspider View Post
Kubrick can "restore" a Demo Kindle into a regular Kindle. I've used it for a K4, and I'm pretty sure you can use it on a K3 as well. I hope this helps.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206064
No special equipment is needed? All I need is a normal micro USB cable?
Old 08-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #5
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
No, no special equipment. All you need is a computer, a CD/DVD or a USB-stick to copy Kubrick to, the micro USB cable, and the Kindle. It's super easy as well, just follow the instructions and you'll have a working Kindle at the end.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #6
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
^exactly that. My own K3 is a "demo model" flashed to the normal firmware using Kubrick.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #7
sega dude

That's some great news. Hopefully I can get one soon.